The folks at Tapbots offered an alpha version of the highly anticipated Tweetbot for Mac for close to a month until Twitter’s new API restrictions caused it to be taken down. Tapbots grabbed our attention once again this afternoon, as the official beta for Tweetbot for Mac has officially been released. Due to the recent API changes that Twitter placed on its app developer community, the Tweetbot for Mac beta is only accessible to users who authorized their account with the alpha. In the beta, you cannot add or remove accounts, which is definitely disappointing. However, if your account is authorized, you will be happy to know there are a slew of new features awaiting you, as seen below:
Change log (version 0.8.0):
- lots of bug fixes
- can paste images into new tweet window again
- can copy tweets on timeline
- can do ‘open in new column’ (they also have keyboard shortcuts)
- multi-column swiping and keyboard support much improved. Use tab shift/tab to move between columns.
- better keyboard support: status detail + many other views
- profile view: can scroll user information so can see more tweets
- drag and drop tweets has been improved
- gap loading works properly now
- context click on tweet action buttons in timeline
- did I mention we fixed a bunch of bugs too?
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.