Oh, there is an Apple event today? Well check back here before 1PM ET as we’ll be covering it live. Until then, get a preview by heading south – we’ve got just about everything covered. We’ll also be tweeting out the big stuff with our normal batch of analysis and commentary.
Spoiler free coverage? You are in the wrong place, amigo.
Here we go!
That’s all folks –
– Tim Cook back on: “Now when you look at each of these, they are incredible industry leading innovation by themselves. But what sets them apart and what places us way ahead of the competition is how well they work together.”
-Earphones now getting updated to….EarPods….with noise canceling mics on the back.
-Siri on the iPod touch
– 5 colors Red Blue, Yellow, black and white.
– Loop accessory we mentioned earlier. $10 looks like nice camera strap. iPod touch is Apple’s answer to the camera at this point.
– Battery life improved – 40 hours of music.
– Clumsiy Ninja – “we are doing stuff here we couldn’t do before”
– A5 chip. Better graphics. Game demo coming up.
– 4 inch screen.
– New iPod touch: thinnest and latest iPod touch. 6.1MM thin. 88 grams.
– Jozwiak talking new iPod touch.
– Lightning connector and Bluetooth.
– Awesome colors.
-Wide screen video.
– Thinnest nano ever. Very nice UI. Like more founded iOS home screen icons. Integrated FM.
– Boom. New iPod nano. Touch screen. All new design.
– Greg Jozwiak on stage to talk iPods.
– iTunes 11 ships in October.
Revamped store as well:
-Improved iCloud integration.
Cool new mini player:
– Quick re-ordering of song playlists.
– Nice split view. All new UI.
Incredible: iTunes 11. Looks much simplified. Jeff Robbin, iTunes VP, is giving the tour.
– 15 billion media items downloaded via iCloud.
– Apple discusses the new iOS iTunes, App Store, iBookstore. Available with iOS 6 on the 19th.
– 2/3 iTunes downloads via iOS.
– Apple Senior VP Eddy Cue is discussing iTunes.
– Tim Cook is back. Now talking about music.
– iOS 6 ships on Sep 19th.
– Pre-ordering begins Sept 14th. Ships 21st.
– Same prices as iPhone 4S. $199, $299, $399. 16GB, 32GB, 64GB.
– Schiller back on stage.
– Ive talking manufacturing
– Forstall talks iOS 6 in the promo video.
– New connector created to more effectively manage space in the iPhone 5’s internals.
– Bob Mansfield is discussing iPhone 5’s internal hardware.
– Jony Ive leading the pack in the promo video.
– iPhone 5 comes in black and white.
– Schiller back on stage.
– None of the iOS 6 stuff is new, just a demo of how it works on an iPhone 5.
– Forstall showing Safari, Tweeting, PassBook, Mail, Shared Photo Streams, Siri enhancements and more on iPhone 5.
– Showing Maps, 3D, etc.
– Scott is talking already announced iOS 6 features. Looks great on the 4 inch screen.
– iOS 6 now being demoed on the fancy new iPhone 5. Scott Forstall, SVP of iOS, is demonstrating.
-Lightning announced. Looks like those cables were the real deal. Adapters to the 30 pin being discussed.
– Schiller discussing the new iPhone’s dock connector.
– Noise canceling earpiece.
– Improved speakers.
– Three microphones: back, bottom, front.
– FaceTime HD (720P) lens on the front of the iPhone 5.
– Improved 1080P video capture, face recognition, better stabilization. Take photos as you are recording video.
– iPhone 5 looking amazing thus far.
– Incredible new Panorama mode. Just wave your iPhone in the air. Panoramas come out to 28 megapixels.
– Now discussing the iPhone 5 camera. Enhanced 8 megapixel iSight. Sapphire crystal lens covering. 40% faster photo captures.
– Schiller back. Talking battery life. Better battery life than iPhone 4S. Even with LTE and A6 chip.
– EA demoing Real Racing 3, powered by A6 chip. Outstanding graphics rendering. This is amazing.
– iPhone 5 has much faster, yet smaller, A6 system on a chip.
– WiFi: Dual-channel 802.11a.. this a big deal. 150 down.
– AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint to support iPhone 5 LTE in the United States. Canada, South Korea, UK as well.
– Schiller now talking about wireless technology… LTE announced.
– Display has 44% better color saturation, integrated touch sensors.
– Apple had a few developers update their apps for the new display. Looks very impressive.
– Apple’s included iOS apps and their App Store apps updated for the new display. Non-updated apps are pillar-boxed.
– 4 inch display. 1136 x 640 resolution. 326 PPI.
-Thinnest and lightest iPhone. 18% thinner than the iPhone 4S. 20% lighter than 4S.
– Apple announces the iPhone 5. Most beautiful product Apple has ever made.
– Phil Schiller up talking iPhone.
– 700K app downloads each month.
– iPad: 68% tablet marketshare. 91% tablet web traffic. What are people doing with their Androids? 94% of Fortune 500 using iPad. Cook discussing iPad applications. 250,000 apps.
– 84 million iPads sold from original launch until June 2012. Talking competition now.
– Talking iPad. Third-generation iPad reviews were incredible. 17 million iPads sold last quarter.
– Discussing positive response to new MacBook Pros and MacBook Air.
– Mountain Lion downloaded 7 million times.
– Cook talking Macs.
– Video over, continuing to talk retail: 83 million store visitors last quarter.
– Video about retail stores playing.
– Cook discussing Apple retail, new Barcelona store.
– Tim Cook is up!
– We’re hearing colored touches: yellow, blue, white, black, red
Schiller, Forstall, and Gore spotted:
– Some last second fake iPhones coming in from some fake Apple sites
-Keynote starting in about 5 minutes.
Now it's just waiting for doors to open. pic.twitter.com/I4eInj55— Danny Sullivan (@dannysullivan) September 12, 2012
Annnd we're in. pic.twitter.com/rnz8IfjA— Katie Boehret (@KatieBoehret) September 12, 2012