Seagate Technology is at CES 2013 and displaying its portfolio of storage solutions at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, which includes the Wireless Plus, Central, and Backup Plus.
Seagate’s Wireless Plus offers mobile storage for smart devices without wires or the Web, and it can connect up to eight mobile devices to Wi-Fi network. It can also now hold up to 500 HD movies and deliver over 10 hours of continuous streaming. The Wireless Plus only comes in a 1TB capacity. More features include:
- Wirelessly stream your media and files to tablets, smartphones, Mac® computers and PCs
- Carry 500+ movies or thousands of songs, photos and documents
- Free Seagate Media app for iPad®, iPhone®, Kindle Fire and Android® devices
- Stream up to 3 different HD movies to three devices at the same time
- Up to 10-hour battery life*
Seagate’s Central is “the first networked home storage solution to feature a Smart TV app for enjoyment of files from the big screen,” said the company in a press release. It offers automatic backup for the entire home, as well as local and remote access to movies, music, and photos from networked devices. The Central comes with an Ethernet cable, power supply, quick start guide, Seagate Central install CD, and a two-year limited warranty. More features include:
- Automatically back up multiple PC and Mac® computers
- Wirelessly stream your centralized media library to gaming consoles, media players and smart TVs
- Access content on-the-go with a Web browser or the free app for tablets and smartphones
- Enjoy a unique Samsung® Smart TV app featuring enhanced media navigation
Lastly, the Backup Plus, which first unveiled in June 2012, is the first drive to include the Seagate Dashboard. It allows one-click backup of a system and automatic backup of Facebook and Flickr albums. It is available in 500 GB, 750 GB, and 1TB capacities in black, red, silver, or blue product colors. More features include:
- Protect your stuff with easy, flexible backups
- Automatically save photos from your social networks
- Share photos and videos to social networks with a click
- Easily increase transfer speeds by upgrading to Thunderbolt™ technology or FireWire® 800
Pricing and availability for the above devices is not yet clear, but 9to5Mac is live at CES 2013 and hopes to get live demos of Seagate’s new offerings soon.
Get more details in the full press release below.
- Sprint expands 4G LTE coverage, promises rollout to more markets soon (9to5google.com)
- AT&T sneaks in 9 new LTE markets before iPhone 5 launch, 40 more before holidays (9to5mac.com)
- Sprint expands 4G LTE coverage, promises rollout to more markets soon (9to5mac.com)
- Sprint’s hilarious new ‘Sharing is not Caring’ ad touts unlimited data over data sharing plans (9to5mac.com)
Storage for Life: Seagate Showcases Groundbreaking Innovations at CES 2013
Win New Seagate Products All Week, Visit Seagate on Facebook to Learn More
LAS VEGAS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ: STX) will be showcasing the world’s most expansive portfolio of storage solutions during the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show. Products designed for the Cloud, mobility and the home will be featured.
Follow Seagate on its social sites to get news from CES 2013 and to enter for a chance to win Seagate’s hottest new products along with an iPad Mini. Simply go toseagate.com/ces to get all the latest information on new products and sweepstakes details.
Seagate’s new storage solutions add to its industry-leading product line:
- Seagate® Wireless Plus provides mobile storage for smart phones and tablets without wires or the web. Wireless Plus can connect up to eight mobile devices over its own Wi-Fi network. Designed with significant improvements and a beautiful new Seagate Media app, this award-winning product includes a sleek industrial design and can now hold up to 500 HD movies all while delivering over 10-hours of continuous streaming. In its second-generation, Wireless Plus is a CEA Best of Innovations award winner for 2013.
- Seagate® Central is the first networked home storage solution to feature a Smart TV app for enjoyment of files from the big screen. A CES 2013 Innovations Honoree, Seagate Central delivers automatic backup for the entire home, access to movies, music and photos from networked devices, as well as remote access. The Seagate Media app is available for Android smart phones and tablets, Apple iPhone, Apple iPad and even Kindle Fire HD.
- First introduced in June of 2012, Backup Plus external storage, a CES Innovations Honoree, introduced a new level of simplicity and elegance in design for direct attached backup solutions. Seagate Backup Plus is the first drive to include the Seagate Dashboard to allow one-click backup of your system and automated backup of Facebook and Flickr albums.
Seagate Wireless Plus mobile device storage, Central shared storage and Backup Plus will be on display throughout CES at the Innovations Hall in the Venetian Ballroom of the Venetian Hotel.
In addition to showcasing these three CES Innovation Award winners, Seagate will display new storage solutions that often go unseen by consumers.
- The industry’s first incredibly slim 5mm-thin 2.5-inch hard disk drive (HDD) designed exclusively for ultrabooks and thin client devices. Packing 500GB of capacity this drive is thin enough for today’s thin and light ultrabooks and even tablets to deliver greater design flexibility and value for consumers.
- For the first time, Seagate will also showcase its latest laptop solid-state hybrid drives (SSHD) and an all-new desktop SSHD. Now in their third-generation, the Seagate SSHD solutions integrate solid-state memory and massive hard drive capacity with the speed expected of a solid-state drive. The result is higher-performance and greater capacity at a highly affordable price. Ideal for road warriors, power users and gamers, these new drives are the ultimate for those demanding performance, capacity and value.
In celebration of the launch of Seagate Wireless Plus mobile device storage, Seagate’s #TakeWhatsYours sweepstakes offers the opportunity to win one of five packages of an iPad Mini and a Seagate Wireless Plus! To enter, visit Facebook.com/Seagate and click on the #TakeWhatsYours sweepstakes button to share one precious must-have-movie you want to take with you everywhere — even when you’re off the grid! Five prizes will be awarded — one each day during CES week (January 7-11, 2013).
Check on all the action and updates from Seagate by following @Seagate on Twitter, Like the Seagate page on Facebook or visit the “Seagate @ CES 2013” web page.