It must be iOS Case Day.
Griffin unveiled its Designer Series “emblazoned with designs from new and emerging artists,” such as Andrew Vastagh, Bill Caywood, BJ Barbee, etc., and Griffin’s Nashville, Tenn., headquarters plans to only print them in small, limited batches. The unique collection is available for iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 4 for between $29.99 and $34.99 each.
Check it out:
- Griffin | Designer Series
OtterBox debuted its Defender Series customizable program today for iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5, where buyers can choose from 35 color combinations for both the polycarbonate and silicone shells. Each $59.90 case features a built-in screen protector, two-piece polycarbonate shell, outer silicone slipcover, and a holster style-belt clip.
Check it out:
- OtterBox | Customizable Defender Series
Get more details in the press releases below.
- Free Need for Speed Most Wanted, ‘Get Stuff Done’ Mac App Store promotion, price drops, and more
- iMac shipping times continue to slip in EU to 4-6 weeks, as iPad mini shipping estimates improve
- Logitech announces Ultrathin keyboard cover for iPad mini, preorder now for $79
- 128GB Retina iPads hit the Apple Store with 1-5 day ship times. $799 for Wifi and $929 for LTE
Griffin Rolls Out Designer Series Collection of Cases for iPhone 5 and 4/4S
The curated case collection features limited edition designs of Griffin’s favorite artists
Nashville, TN – February 5, 2013 – Griffin Technology, one of the world’s foremost creators of innovations for everyday life, curates a collection of iPhone cases coined the ‘Designer Series’ emblazoned with designs from new and emerging artists and printed locally at Griffin’s headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee.
“Unlike traditional crowdsourcing projects, selections for the Designer Series are curated by our internal team,” said Brian Bellinger, Project Manager, B2B & Custom Products at Griffin. “The designs you’ll find are a little off the beaten path, and that is the driving intent behind selecting these artists that we admire.”
Griffin’s Designer Series covers an eclectic gamut, ranging from organic illustration to clean graphic design and even tattoo artwork. Currently featured artists on Griffin’s website include Andrew Vastagh, Bill Caywood, BJ Barbee, Black 13 Tattoo Parlor, Danny McClain, Derrick Castle, Elizabeth Foster, Josh Shearon, JT Daly, Michael Sprouse, Patrick Weber and Rachel Karr. Cases from each artist are printed locally in small, limited batches, helping to keep the selection fresh and exciting.
Griffin Designer Series artists earn a set amount for each case sold bearing their artwork, so customers can feel good knowing their purchase supports independent artists. If a design or series of designs proves to be popular with customers, it may be selected for larger-scale distribution through retail partners.
To browse the Designer Series collection for iPhone 5, 4S and 4 ($29.99 – $34.99 each), visit store.griffintechnology.com/griffin-designer-series. Plans to expand Designer Series cases to other popular devices, including Android phones, are also in the works. For more information about Griffin Technology visit www.griffintechnology.com.
Customize Cases with OtterBox Build Your Own Program for Apple & Android
FORT COLLINS, Colo.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–OtterBox® fans can create the ultimate customized Defender Series® case for the Apple® iPhone® 4/4S, iPhone 5 orSamsung Galaxy S III by choosing from a multitude of different color combinations only on OtterBox.com.*
“Choose from 35 combinations of Defender Series polycarbonate and silicone for the iPhone 4/4S, 72 for the iPhone 5 and 42 for the Galaxy S III.”
The Defender Series provides superior protection with a unique multi-layered construction:
- A built-in screen protector guards against scuffs, scrapes and smudges while still maintaining touchscreen sensitivity
- Two-piece polycarbonate shell snaps together to form a snug fit
- Outer silicone slipcover wraps around the inner shell to create a solid defense against mishaps such as bumps, drops and shocks
- Holster style belt-clip accommodates the device in any direction; face the touchscreen outward for quick access or face it inward for ultimate protection
“More choices for more customers,” OtterBox President and CEO Brian Thomas said. “Choose from 35 combinations of Defender Series polycarbonate and silicone for the iPhone 4/4S, 72 for the iPhone 5 and 42 for the Galaxy S III.”
For more information on the OtterBox Defender Series Build Your Own program, visit www.otterbox.com.
Additional Information for the OtterBox Defender Series:
• Drop and shock – protection against drop, bump and shock
• Water protection – not tested or recommended for water protection
• Dust intrusion – dust does not enter in a sufficient quantity to interfere with satisfactory operation of equipment
Dimensions (case only):
• iPhone 4/4S: 4.88 in (124.12 mm) x 2.71 in (68.91 mm) x 0.66 in (6.76 mm)
• iPhone 5: 5.32 in (135.12 mm) x 2.75 in (69.90 mm) x 0.64 in (16.18 mm)
• Galaxy S III: 5.88 in (148.84 mm) x 3.47 in (88.14 mm) x 1.41 in (35.81 mm)
Approximate Weight (case only):
• iPhone 4/4S: 1.83 oz (52.06 g)
• iPhone 5: 4.00 oz (114.00 g)
• Galaxy S III: 4.64 oz (131.54 g)