This week Benjamin and Zac react to Instagram’s radical new icon and app design, unpack Google’s new third-party Gboard keyboard for iOS, and detail Tim Cook’s globe-trot from China to India to Amsterdam and beyond. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Note: iTunes (web interface and app) may still be propagating the new episode which could take up to 24 hours. Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Instagram updated with all-new new icon + black & white design
- Google launches feature-packed ‘Gboard’ keyboard for iPhone w/ search, GIFs, gesture typing, more
- Apple invests $1 billion in Chinese Uber competitor Didi Chuxing
- Apple acknowledges reports of personal music files being deleted, iTunes update coming next week to hopefully fix
- Tim Cook visits China, speaks with app developers, takes a taxi using Didi Chuxing
- After China, Tim Cook headed on to India to meet Prime Minister Modi again
- Apple reportedly planning 3 India Apple Stores, new San Francisco location opening May 21
- tvOS 9.2.1 software update for Apple TV now available
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.2 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with bug fixes and security enhancements
- Apple releases watchOS 2.2.1 for Apple Watch with various bug fixes and security improvements
- Apple issues OS X 10.11.5 software update via Mac App Store
- Apple releases iTunes 12.4 with interface and navigation changes
- GarageBand for iOS and Mac updated with focus on Chinese sounds and instruments
- Tweaked Apple Music app with ‘Browse’ spotted on Apple TV
Remember: Subscribe on iTunes to catch all of the episodes as they go live and thanks for listening!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.