This week Benjamin and Zac talk about the rumored ultra-thin MacBook Pro with Touch ID and an OLED screen above the keyboard, the latest iPhone 7 leaks including a possible four speaker design, the most interesting news from Google I/O, and the rumored Siri SDK and speaker. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Note: iTunes (web interface and app) may still be propagating the new episode which could take up to 24 hours. Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Apple prepping thinner MacBook Pros with OLED screen above keyboard, Touch ID for Q4
- Report: OS X 10.12 to feature support for unlocking Macs with iPhone’s Touch ID
- Possible Siri for Mac icons preview OS X 10.12’s voice assistant ahead of WWDC
- iPhone 7 case leak indicates a total of 4 speaker grilles, new larger rear camera and flash design
- iPhone 7: Specs & features expected for Apple’s next flagship
- Google I/O roundup: Google’s ‘Assistant’ Siri competitor, Google Home, Allo & Duo messaging apps & much more
- Spotify feels the heat from Apple Music, matches 6-person family plan for $14.99/mo
- Siri SDK reportedly on docket for WWDC, Amazon Echo/Google Home ‘Siri Speaker’ in tow
- Apple pulls iOS 9.3.2 for 9.7 inch iPad Pro following reports of bricked devices with ‘Error 56’ issue
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.3 developer beta 1, first tvOS 9.2.2 beta
- Apple issues OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 developer beta 1 via Mac App Store
- Twitter announces mentions and media will soon stop counting towards 140 character limit, adding ability to self retweet
- Apple promoting developer community events in San Francisco during WWDC week including AltConf
Remember: Subscribe on iTunes to catch all of the episodes as they go live and thanks for listening!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.