This week Benjamin and Zac discuss Apple Watch fitness, the latest Siri Speaker rumors, iPhone 7 and Thunderbolt Display 2, and much more. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Note: iTunes (web interface and app) may still be propagating the new episode which could take up to 24 hours. Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Report: Apple considered buying Time Warner last year, will ramp spending on original TV content
- Report: Apple TV could be home for rumored Amazon Echo-like Siri speaker
- Report: Apple’s rumored Amazon Echo-like Siri speaker may feature facial recognition cameras
- Analyst claims next-gen iPhone 7 to feature 32 GB base storage and up, finally dropping 16 GB models
- New iPhone 7 schematics suggest similar dimensions, unlikely front changes on iPhone 7 Plus
- Limited availability may mean one of Apple’s most outdated products might see WWDC refresh
- Report: Apple interested in charging station technology for powering rumored electric vehicle
- Report: Developers losing interest in Apple Watch until apps can run independently
- Apple TV App Store Top Charts algorithm now hides apps that you already have installed
- Comment: iOS status bar on iPhone and iPad needs some rethinking
- Atlassian.com: See how Jira, Confluence, HipChat and Bitbucket give your team everything you need to organize, discuss, and complete shared work.
Remember: Subscribe on iTunes to catch all of the episodes as they go live and thanks for listening!