Developer previews of watchOS 3 are now live and we’re starting to go hands-on with the next big release. Below are some of the tidbits we’re collecting of changes we’ve discovered on watchOS 3 on the Apple Watch.
- Screenshots on watchOS 3 can be enabled or disabled from the Apple Watch app on iOS
- watchOS now supports Find My Watch within the Find My iPhone iOS app
- There is now support for more granular control with wake screen times when in a session (a session is an activity like Workout, and Maps)
- New Breathe application and complications are available
- New Music complication available on watch faces
- New Apple Watch faces available: Activity Digital, Activity Analog, Numerals
- Two individual complications can now be added to the Timelapse watch face
- New small app shortcut complications for Find My Friends, Heartrate, Home, Mail, Maps, Messages, Music, Phone, Reminders, Remote, Stocks, Weather Conditions (both this and Weather launch the Weather app currently) and Workout.
- New application loading view when launching apps on watchOS
- Primary Maps view has a white background on icons, making it easier to see
- New watch apps: Home, Reminders, Breathe, Heartrate, and Find My Friends
- Single press of side button now launches Dock, previously launched Friends view. Apps here can be swiped up to be kept in the dock indefinitely
- Activity app has now seen some UI updates
- Face Gallery within the Watch app on iOS makes is significantly easier to build out your custom watch faces
Refresh for updates…
Found anything else we didn’t mention? Let us know in the comments below.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.