This week Benjamin and Zac recap iOS 10, macOS Sierra, and watchOS 3, plus break down dark mode rumors, how Apple’s new Home app works, the latest iPhone 7 news, and much more. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Note: iTunes (web interface and app) may still be propagating the new episode which could take up to 24 hours. Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Apple takes stance against Trump by withholding financial & tech aid from upcoming GOP convention
- Report: Apple CEO Tim Cook to fundraise for Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan
- Phil Schiller & Craig Federighi talk deleting apps in iOS 10, iMessage, more in new interview
- Hands-on: 75 new features in iOS 10 [Video]
- iOS 10: A look at 30 additional new features [Video]
- Jailbreak developer digs deeper in iOS 10 code, activates Dark Mode theme for Settings app
- Hands-on: iOS 10 + watchOS 3 Home app for HomeKit on iPhone, iPad, & Apple Watch
- iOS 10 promotes iPad to HomeKit remote access device like Apple TV, both now run automation
- August, Canary, Withings, D-Link, Ring & others confirm Apple HomeKit support coming w/ iOS 10
- iPhone 7 may include EarPods w/ headphone jack + Lightning to 3.5mm adapter
- WSJ: iPhone 7 w/ similar design and removed headphone jack this fall, major changes next year
- Hands-on: New features in watchOS 3 [Video]
- Hands-on: New features in macOS Sierra [Video]
- Resources found in macOS Sierra hint at upcoming OLED touch bar, Touch ID support, more
- Looks like Apple is finally preparing to call time on the non-Retina MacBook Pro w/optical
- Atlassian.com: See how Jira, Confluence, HipChat and Bitbucket give your team everything you need to organize, discuss, and complete shared work.
Remember: Subscribe on iTunes to catch all of the episodes as they go live and thanks for listening!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.