This week Benjamin and Zac break down Spotify’s Apple Music complaint, Apple potentially buying Tidal, the latest changes in iOS 10 beta 2, and much more. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
9to5Mac Happy Hour
Note: iTunes (web interface and app) may still be propagating the new episode which could take up to 24 hours. Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Comment: AppleCare+ to the rescue if you rely on Apple Watch
- Elizabeth Warren accuses Apple of monopolistic-like actions, Spotify backs her up
- Spotify claims Apple rejecting latest version of its app, anticompetitively favors Apple Music
- Apple issues heated response to Spotify’s ‘anticompetitive’ accusation letter
- Apple reportedly in negotiations to buy Jay Z-owned Tidal streaming service
- Opinion: Unpacking Apple, Beats Music and a possible Tidal acquisition
- With iOS 10, ‘Hey Siri’ intelligently activates on just one nearby device at a time [Video]
- Apple releases 4 animated emoji iOS 10 Messages sticker packs for beta testers: Classic Mac, Smileys, Hearts, Hands
- Apple promotes organ donation with iOS 10, sign up as a donor from the Health app [Update]
- Apple & Donate Life America bring organ donation to iPhone
- Apple issues iOS 10 beta 2 for developers, here’s everything new
- macOS 10.12 Sierra beta 2 for developers hits the Mac App Store
- Hands-on with Auto Unlock in macOS Sierra beta 2 [Video]
- Apple releases watchOS 3 beta 2 to developers
- Apple releases tvOS 10 and TV Remote beta 2 for Apple TV to developers
- Latest sketchy report out of China backs iPhone 7/Plus/Pro range, suggests 64/128/256GB tiers
- WSJ: iPhone 7 to ditch 16GB storage option in favor of 32GB base
Remember: Subscribe on iTunes to catch all of the episodes as they go live and thanks for listening!