Apple has just begun rolling out watchOS 3 beta 6 to developers today. Those looking to grab the new release can head over to the Watch app on their iPhones, select General and then Software Update. watchOS 3 beta 6 is available to download as a Configuration Profile from the Apple developer center for newer users looking to test out the upcoming system. Release notes fixes are now at the bottom of the post.
With the previous update, watchOS 3 beta 3 brought in new fixes in areas like Activity Sharing and the Clock face layouts. In an earlier release, watchOS 3 beta 2 saw the introduction of Auto Unlock alongside the macOS Sierra beta 2, Emergency SOS for contacting emergency services in the local area, locking workouts without using Force Touch, and Activity Sharing began working for some. Our previous coverage of watchOS 3 beta 2 with a list of discovered changes can be found here. For more information about Auto Unlock on the Apple Watch, be sure to catch Jeff Benjamin’s video and FAQ posts as well.
The upcoming watchOS, expected to be released later this fall, brings major speed improvements and new user experiences to the Apple Watch. We’ve spent the past few weeks diving into watchOS 3’s features; take a look at the links below to get caught up:
- Hands-on with Auto Unlock in macOS Sierra beta 2 [Video]
- FAQ: How to use Auto Unlock with watchOS 3 and macOS Sierra beta 2
- Apple unveils watchOS 3 with major app speed improvements, more
- Hands-on: watchOS 3 Apple Watch tidbits
- Hands-on: New features in watchOS 3 [Video]
- The Dock in watchOS 3 breathes new life into the Apple Watch [Video]
- Hands-on: iOS 10 + watchOS 3 Home app for HomeKit on iPhone, iPad, & Apple Watch
- Top 10 WWDC 2016 features from iOS 10, macOS Sierra, watchOS 3, and tvOS 10 [Video + Poll]
To stay up to date with all of our watchOS 3 coverage, be sure to follow up on our watchOS 3 guide.
Developers looking to install the watchOS 3 beta for the first time on their devices can grab the appropriate Configuration Profiles for watchOS 3 on Apple’s developer center. Current testers and developers looking to grab the latest watchOS 3 beta can navigate to the Watch app on their iPhone and check under the Software Update section.
Once updated, the latest watchOS 3 beta 6 release notes will be found here.
Fixes included in watchOS 3 beta 6 (from the release notes):
Apple Watch may lose connection with iPhone at random.
In some cases when building and running from Xcode, you can get into a state where the Xcode debugger stops attaching to the app automatically when building and running.