In this week’s top stories: iPhone 8 and MacBook Pro refresh rumors, hands-on with the new white ceramic Apple Watch Edition model, and Jeff gives you the rundown on the best iPhone 7 to buy in this week’s top video. These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
The best 4K & 5K displays for Mac
We continue our iPhone 7 tests this week including a closer look at the new iPhone 7 Plus Portrait mode in the iOS 10.1 beta.
iPhone 8 rumors start flowing in with one report from supply chain analysts that the 2017 iPhone could feature glass on both the front and back with a stainless steel option for premium models. That while less reliable sources indicate that Apple is currently using the “iPhone 8” moniker internally to refer to the device.
We move onto to reports that Apple is targeting an October launch for its much anticipated MacBook Pro refresh expected to include a slimmer design and an OLED touch panel built-in to the keyboard.
We finish off with Jeff’s breakdown on which iPhone 7 model you should buy and hands-on with the new white ceramic Edition model Apple Watch in this week’s top videos.
iPhone 7 (and 8?) |
- KGI: Stronger iPhone 7 Plus numbers & Jet Black not enough to combat slowing shipments
- What’s the best iPhone 7 to buy?
- Comment: No, iPhone 7 isn’t exploding like the recalled Samsung Galaxy Note 7
- This iPhone 7 case aims to bring back the 3.5mm headphone jack
- Here are the top 9 reasons people upgraded to the iPhone 7 …
- You shouldn’t get the iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case wet….
- Here’s how iPhone 7 Jet Black compares to Apple Watch Space Black [Gallery]
- ‘Increasing likelihood’ iPhone 8 will feature glass front and back, stainless steel…
- iPhone 7 camera climbs respected DxOMark review ranking, beating out tied iPhone 6/6s scores
- Sketchy report from Apple offices in Israel says 2017 phone is being referred to as the iPhone 8
- What should Apple call next year’s iPhone? iPhone 8, or something else? [Poll]
Subscribe to 9to5Mac on YouTube for more videos
iOS 10 |
- How to use iOS 10’s hidden ‘Magnifier’ magnifying glass feature for iPhone
- iOS 10: How to use the new Home app to control HomeKit devices [Video]
- iPhone 7 Plus: Portrait mode impressions on iOS 10.1 beta [Photos]
- Poll: Is your iPhone 7 or iOS 10 device experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues?
- iOS 10.0.2 restores full functionality to Kevo smart lock’s touch-to-open feature
- As expectations grow for MacBook Pro refresh, different reports suggest late October launch
- Hands-on: Aukey’s USB-C Ethernet and USB Hub – a solid MacBook companion [Video]
- IBM announces next implementation of Apple’s Swift developer language
Apple Watch |
- Apple developing new Apple Watch sleep tracking and heart rate apps, expansion of HealthKit
- Belkin and Incase reveal their first official leather & NATO-style Apple Watch bands
- How-To: Gradually wake the Apple Watch Series 2 with the Digital Crown [Video]
- Review: Osmo for iPad, a fun game for kids that mixes digital apps w/ real world objects
- Review: Lutron Caséta In-Wall Dimming Kit is the most elegant HomeKit lighting solution
This week’s top videos |
- Hands-on: How the new Lightning EarPods compare to the old 3.5mm EarPods [Video]
- Hands-on with the new ceramic Apple Watch Edition Series 2 – unboxing and review [Video]
- Apple’s spaceship glows to life at Campus 2 in latest drone flyovers
- Apple shares balloon-filled iPhone 7 ad showing off expressive iOS 10 Messages effect
- Unhappy customer smashes tens of thousands of dollars of kit in French Apple Store [Videos]
- Here’s a video of in-screen fingerprint reader technology that Apple could use for iPhone 8
- Epic iPhone 7 cinematic 4K camera test [Video]
- Hands-on: ProCam 4’s new iPhone 7 Plus-exclusive 3D photo feature [Video]
Happy Hour Podcast 087|
This week Zac and Benjamin discuss Siri Speaker rumors, Apple Watch sleep tracking, and the latest in HomeKit.