This week Benjamin and Zac talk about the latest Siri Speaker rumors, potential Apple Watch sleep tracking and smarter heart rate tracking features, the latest news in the HomeKit space, and much more. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Note: iTunes (web interface and app) may still be propagating the new episode which could take up to 24 hours. Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Epic iPhone 7 cinematic 4K camera test [Video]
- Apple will begin selling Sonos wireless speakers online starting today, in stores next month
- Apple’s rumored Siri-powered Amazon Echo competitor now in prototype testing – Bloomberg
- Apple developing new Apple Watch sleep tracking and heart rate apps, expansion of HealthKit
- Hands-on with the new ceramic Apple Watch Edition Series 2 – unboxing and review [Video]
- First ad for Apple Watch Series 2 Hermès shared ahead of tomorrow’s release [Video]
- Aetna launching free Apple Watch program for 50,000 employees, customer & employer subsidies to lower price
- Belkin and Incase reveal their first official leather & NATO-style Apple Watch bands
- Review: Lutron Caséta In-Wall Dimming Kit is the most elegant HomeKit lighting solution
- iOS 10: How to use the new Home app to control HomeKit devices [Video]
- Honeywell introduces ‘Lyric T5’ HomeKit-enabled thermostat w/ touchscreen & new design
- August Doorbell Cam gains motion detection and video recording features
- Review: Osmo for iPad is a fun game system for kids that mixes digital apps with real world objects
- Report: Beats not updating Studio Wireless headphones this year due to lack of battery improvements
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.