Apple has just started seeding watchOS 3.1 beta 3 to developers today. Those looking to grab the new release can head over to the Watch app on their iPhones, select General and then Software Update. The watchOS 3.1 beta is available to download as a Configuration Profile from the Apple developer center for newer users looking to test out the upcoming system. Release notes fixes are now at the bottom of the post.
As of today the watchOS 3.1 betas don’t seem to be introducing any new features, and are most likely just general watchOS fixes.
watchOS 3 brought in major speed improvements and new user experiences to the Apple Watch. We spent the previous months diving into watchOS 3’s features; take a look at the links below to get caught up:
- Hands-on with Auto Unlock in macOS Sierra beta 2 [Video]
- FAQ: How to use Auto Unlock with watchOS 3 and macOS Sierra beta 2
- Apple unveils watchOS 3 with major app speed improvements, more
- Hands-on: watchOS 3 Apple Watch tidbits
- Hands-on: New features in watchOS 3 [Video]
- The Dock in watchOS 3 breathes new life into the Apple Watch [Video]
- Hands-on: iOS 10 + watchOS 3 Home app for HomeKit on iPhone, iPad, & Apple Watch
- Top 10 WWDC 2016 features from iOS 10, macOS Sierra, watchOS 3, and tvOS 10 [Video + Poll]
To stay up to date with all of our watchOS 3 coverage, be sure to follow up on our watchOS 3 guide.
Developers looking to install the watchOS 3.1 beta for the first time on their devices can grab the appropriate Configuration Profiles for watchOS 3 on Apple’s developer center. Current testers and developers looking to grab the latest watchOS 3.1 beta can navigate to the Watch app on their iPhone and check under the Software Update section.
Once updated, the latest watchOS 3.1 beta 3 release notes will be found here. The release notes from today don’t indicate any new fixes implemented in the latest beta though.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.