As time progresses, more macOS apps are slowly gaining support for the new MacBook Pro’s Touch Bar display. Next up on the list is the popular calendar app Fantastical 2, which today was updated with support for Touch Bar and a host of other changes, as well.
Today’s update brings Fantastical to version 2.3.1 and includes a variety of enhancements. Most notably, however, is support for Touch Bar on 2016 MacBook Pro models.
When you’re in Fantastical 2 for macOS, you’ll see a scrollbar on the Touch Bar that lets you easily choose which day/week/month/year you would like to view. You can scroll left to view dates further in the future and what date type is displayed depends on what view the Fantastical app is in.
Furthermore, if you click on a specific event, the Touch Bar displays a variety of different pieces of info, including the host of the event, the ability to delete, and more.
In addition to Touch Bar support, today’s Fantastical update brings a host of other changes. View the full change log below:
- Touch Bar support for the new MacBook Pro
- New Add Detected Invitees option to automatically add invitees detected in a sentence (for example, “Lunch meeting with John tomorrow at 12:30pm”)
- Added option to complete reminder when clicking and holding on the Snooze button of a Reminder notification
- Fixed dragging reminders without a due date from the Reminders section into the calendar view
- Minor performance improvements in the Month view
- Fixed visual glitch when using Graphite theme on macOS Sierra
- Various fixes and improvements
Fantastical is available on the Mac App Store for $39.99 and while it’s price, it’s one of the more powerful calendar apps out there. Head to the Mac App Store now to download it.