In this week’s top stories: WWDC keynote invites go out, more reports about an upcoming Siri speaker and iPhone 8, we ask the pros what they want from a modular Mac Pro, and we get a tour of one of the first new HomeKit homes.
This week Apple makes dates for its WWDC keynote official as invites begin going out to press. AAPL market cap reaches a record $800 billion and analysts raise targets to $1 trillion. Zac gives you his Siri Speaker Wishlist as a new report says the device is likely to launch at WWDC alongside refreshed iPad models. Apple acquires popular Apple Watch & iOS sleep tracking platform Beddit. And the latest iPhone 8 reports arrive as a special edition 32GB Space Gray iPhone 6 becomes available for just $200 w/o contract.
We ask the pros what they want from Apple’s new modular Mac Pro and display. We take a tour of one of the first Apple HomeKit homes. And Jeff continues with some more Hackintosh tips this week taking a look at options for AMD versu Nvidia for Final Cut Pro X.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
AAPL | WWDC
- Apple begins inviting press to WWDC 2017 keynote scheduled for June 5 10AM PT
- Apple acquires popular Apple Watch & iOS sleep tracking platform Beddit
- Photo captures 5th Ave Apple Store with iconic glass cube removed
- AAPL market cap reaches record $800 billion as analyst raises target to $1 trillion
- Siri Speaker Wishlist: hi-fi audio, multi-user control, HomeKit features, more
- KGI: Apple likely to launch 10.5-inch iPad Pro and Siri Speaker at WWDC alongside new software
iPhone | iPad
- Special edition 32GB Space Gray iPhone 6 now available for just $200 w/o contract
- Nike’s new iPhone 7 cases have Air Force 1 and Roshe designs
- iPhone 8 images based on leaked factory CAD drawings show all glass design, thicker body
- iPhone 8 & 7s reportedly to go on sale in October, mass production ‘on schedule’
- KGI: There’s a ‘rising probability of worst-case scenario’ for iPhone 8 shortages
- Purported ‘2017’ iPhone leak hints at Ion-X back glass
- Urban Armor Gear prepping case for 10.5-inch iPad Pro, with June availability
- Here’s what pros want from Apple’s new modular Mac Pro and display
- Hackintosh: AMD or Nvidia for Final Cut Pro X? [Video]
- Snapchat update adds ‘limitless snaps’ and new creative tools
- Microsoft releases Visual Studio 2017 for Mac following preview
- New Apple Watch Activity Challenge discovered ahead of Mother’s Day
This week’s top videos |
- We took a tour of one of the first Apple HomeKit homes [Video]
- Apple debuts new ‘How to shoot on iPhone 7’ website & video series
Happy Hour Podcast #119|
This week Benjamin and Zac discuss iTunes coming to the Windows Store, Amazon Prime for Apple TV rumored for WWDC, the latest iPad Pro rumors, Apple buying a sleep tracking company, the Amazon Echo Show and Siri Speaker rumors, Apple’s new iPhone photography videos, and the Mother’s Day Activity Challenge for Apple Watch.
Subscribe to get all 9to5Mac’s stories delivered to your inbox daily. And to 9to5Toys for the best deals from around the web.
Clock pictured in top image from 9to5Toys: This gorgeous desk clock is made with vintage Soviet Union Nixie tubes
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.