For those of us who do a large amount of writing whether for a living or just for fun, there are a few different apps to choose from. As of today, one of the top choices is getting even better with a huge update. Welcome to Scrivener 3.
Scrivener has historically had a smaller, but almost cultish following from its fans. To me it has always been an enormously functional app, even though it has way more features than I need. But whatever your needs, Scrivener has you covered and with this latest update is only getting better.
From their own huge list here are just a few of the improvements:
- The interface has been overhauled and modernized
- Extensive Touch Bar support added
- Modernised and rewritten codebase for 64-bit. Scrivener is faster, more stable and ready for the future
- See draft and session progress bars in the toolbar
- The powerful new Bookmarks feature replaces Project Notes, References and Favorites, and allows you to view oft-needed documents right in the Inspector
For those that already use Scrivener, this update will only cost $25 and $45 for new users. However, if you don’t want to drop that much without testing it first you are in luck! Scrivener offers a free 30 day trial. If you do your writing in bursts, then bonus, it only takes a day if you use the app that day. Which means, if you write twice a week, the trial would last you 15 weeks.