This week Benjamin and Zac discuss the latest MacBook update rumors, The Information’s report on Siri’s history and why Apple has struggled to scale it, a surprise Apple education event announcement mid-episode, Apple’s Texture acquisition and Eddy Cue’s appearance at SXSW, and Apple unveiling dates for WWDC 2018.
Sponsored by CaseCo: Win an Apple HomePod + $500 gift cards from Caseco & 9to5Mac [Giveaway] + Get 30% off Caseco cases & accessories with promo code “9to5Mac30off” (Expires 3/31)
- New lower-cost 13-inch Retina MacBook reported to debut in June, iPad refresh coming
- Report: Siri team didn’t learn about HomePod until 2015, after Amazon Echo debuted
- Apple announces creative education event on March 27
- Apple buying digital magazine service Texture, likely boost to subscription services revenue
- Eddy Cue talks Texture acquisition, great storytelling, and Rihanna in SXSW interview
- Apple opens WWDC 2018 registration: June 4-8 in San Jose