Apple Watch has become the world’s most popular smartwatch, and as such, it’s used in a wide range of environments and activities. Whether you get yours dirty rarely or all the time, follow along for how to clean your Apple Watch.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
Taking care of your Apple Watch is quick and easy. Apple just notes a few things to stay away from:
Soaps, cleaning products, abrasive materials, compressed air, ultrasonic cleaning, and external heat sources can cause damage and shouldn’t be used with your Apple Watch.
Whether you need to wipe down fingerprints and grease or clean out dirt, sand, and debris from inside your Digital Crown, here’s what to do.
How to clean your Apple Watch
- Use a microfiber cloth to wipe down the front, back, and sides of your Apple Watch
- If needed, lightly dampen the cloth with water (distilled if you have it), repeat step 1
- Make sure to dry off your Apple Watch with your cloth
How to clean out the Apple Watch Digital Crown and more
- If you have sand, dust, dirt, or debris in stuck in your Digital Crown or other parts of your watch, power it off
- If you have a leather band or other nice material, remove it
- Run your Apple Watch under lightly running, warm, fresh water (don’t use any soaps, chemicals, or abrasives)
- Turn and press your Digital Crown while running it under water for 10-15 seconds
- Dry off your Apple Watch with a microfiber cloth
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to change Wi-Fi networks on HomePod
- How to use Do Not Disturb on iPhone
- How to control HomePod audio on iPhone and iPad
- How to change AirDrop settings on iPhone and iPad
- How to customize Do Not Disturb in iOS 12
- How to use flashlight with iPhone
- How to delete apps on iPhone and iPad
- How to rename folders on iPhone and iPad