Alongside software updates to iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS, and HomePod today, Apple has released Shortcuts 2.1. The update includes improvements to iCloud sharing, new measurement conversions, Weather integration, and more.
Sylvania HomeKit Light Strip
With today’s updates, shortcuts you create can now integrate current weather and upcoming forecast information. To do this, you’ll simply need to add the “Get Current Weather” or “Get Weather Forecast” actions to your shortcut.
Other new actions include “Create Alarm,” “Toggle Alarm,” and “Start Timer.” These allow you to set alarms and timers as part of your shortcuts. There are also new Measurement and Convert Measurement actions. The new “Get Last Import” action adds support for getting the most recent set of imported photos from the Photos app.
For HomePod users, today’s Shortcuts update means that media will now automatically play from HomePod using AirPlay when you run a shortcut from HomePod using Siri.
Here’s the full change log for today’s Shortcuts app update:
- Use the latest weather in your shortcuts with the new Get Current Weather and Get Weather Forecast actions
- Set alarms and timers with the new Create Alarm, Toggle Alarm, and Start Timer actions
- Convert between a variety of units with the new Measurement and Convert Measurement actions
- Get the most recent set of imported photos from the Photos app using the Get Last Import action
- When running a shortcut from HomePod using Siri, media will now automatically play back from HomePod using AirPlay
- Bug fixes
Shortcuts 2.1 is available as an update through the App Store, as the Shortcuts app is not bundled with iOS itself. This means you simply need to head to the App Store to download the update.