After years in the making, Apple TV+ with new original content has launched. Ready to check it out? Read on for how to get your free year of Apple TV+ on iPhone, Mac, Apple TV, and more.
Apple TV+ has officially arrived with The Morning Show and SEE as the two headlining original shows at launch. We’ve already got a breakdown of all of the shows that are available on the streaming service.
Any Apple customers who have purchased a new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or Apple TV since September 10, 2019, that can run the latest operating systems will get a free year of Apple TV+. The deal will automatically show up for those eligible (check out the full terms and conditions here).
If you’re not eligible for the free year trial, you’ll still get Apple TV+ free for 7 days.
Update 1/30/20: If you bought an iPhone or other Apple device between September and November 2019, the last day to accept your free year of Apple TV+ is January 31st, 2020.
Here’s how to get your free year of Apple TV+
- Open the TV app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or Apple TV (running the latest software)
- Tap or click on a new Apple original like The Morning Show or SEE
- Choose Enjoy 1 Year Free (7-day free trial for those who haven’t purchased a new device)
- Tap or click Continue, then Confirm the free year
- Alternately, head to tv.apple.com on a Mac or PC, sign in in the top right corner, then activate your free trial
Note: If you’re not seeing the free year offer and you think you should, double-check that you’re signed in with your Apple ID, have purchased the new device from Apple or an authorized reseller, and if you use Family Sharing, the family organizer should claim it, which will auto share it with others. Family sharing for Apple TV+ is automatically turned on after the family organizer signs up.
Here’s how the process looks:
Now you should see a confirmation. Swipe down to see more Apple TV+ shows.
Here’s how the process looks on Mac:
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
- AirPods Pro: How to use Ear Tip Fit Test and change tips
- AirPods Pro: How to use noise cancellation and Transparency mode
- AirPods Pro vs Powerbeats Pro: How specs, size, price, and more compare
- What’s the difference in AirPods and AirPods Pro? Here’s how size, price, and features compare
iPhone & iPad:
- How to use the Deep Fusion iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro camera feature
- iOS 13: How to use custom fonts on iPhone and iPad
- How to edit messages on iPhone and iPad with two-finger tap
- How to use the ‘Remind when messaging’ feature on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- iOS 13: How to use Reader View on iPhone and iPad
- How to change icons and colors for Reminders Lists on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to make subtasks and sublists with Reminders in iOS 13 and macOS Catalina
- How to get started with and use ‘Sign in with Apple’ on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- iPadOS 13: How to make iPad app icons and text bigger
- How to use the ultra wide camera on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
- How to use iCloud Keychain to manage and store your passwords
- How to use Night mode on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
- How to get started with and use Voice Control in macOS Catalina
- How to check iPad and Mac Sidecar requirements
- How to get your Mac ready for macOS Catalina
- How to create a bootable macOS Catalina 10.15 USB install drive [Video]
- How to sync iPhone and iPad to your Mac in macOS Catalina without iTunes
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.