This is exciting not only because the opportunity for better sound in Macs, AppleTVs and iOS devices but also because Apple gets one of the superstar pioneers and great minds behind digital media technology on its roster. That leads to better hires which leads back to better tech.
Tom Holman currently teaches film sound at the University of Southern California (Fight on!?), and his book Sound for Film and Television is required reading in many college film courses.
Oh, and the next Mac startup bong has been modified to the below…
- Re: Final Cut Pro at NAB (9to5mac.com)
- More on Final Cut Pro at NAB (9to5mac.com)
- Apple’s Jaw-dropping Final Cut Pro to be unveiled at NAB next week in Vegas? (9to5mac.com)
- Next Final Cut Pro is a “jawdropper,” Apple considers it public knowledge, and will it drop at NAB? (9to5mac.com)
- 64-Bit Final Cut Pro X launched (9to5mac.com)