Too early to start talking about iPad 3 components? Yeah, but whatever. Digitimes says that Apple is certifying display manufacturers which include the normal players: LG and Samsung.
Apple has begun certifying components for iPad 3 and many Taiwan-based makers are actively participating. Some makers have already landed certification such as Radiant Opto-Electronics with LED backlight units, according to industry sources.
According to component makers, the timing for the launch of iPad 3 should be in 2012.
Taiwan-based firms think iPad 2 will become the mainstream and Apple will lower its price to compete with other tablet PCs.
- Coretronic to become LED backlight provider for Apple’s iPad? (9to5mac.com)
- DigiTimes: Foxconn affiliate Chimei Innolux to supply Apple with iPad 2 touchscreens beginning June? (9to5mac.com)
- Apple part suppliers: iPad 3 not in 2011 pipeline (9to5mac.com)
- Chimeni Innolux (Foxconn, really) said to land iPad 2 touchscreen contract (9to5mac.com)
- Rumor: Apple courting Samsung to build AMOLED displays for iPad 3? (9to5mac.com)
- iPad apps not very intuitive, major study finds (9to5mac.com)
- Samsung demands to see the iPhone 4S/5 and the iPad 3 (9to5mac.com)