There are more than a few hardware camera kits and peripherals on the market that extend the capabilities of the iPhone’s built-in cam. We recently reviewed the Olloclip camera lens kit that provides three external lenses for iPhone 4S. Today we introduce you to another that has just been announced by Mophie and combos with a dedicated companion app for managing and sharing footage. According to Mophie, the goal of its new action sports “Outride” camera kit, which integrates a wide-angle lens with 170 degrees viewing angles and a waterproof, impact resistant casing, is to eliminate “the need for a dedicated device such as a GoPro or Contour camera.” The kit will also include several custom, quick-release mounts for attaching the device to a variety of sports equipment and capturing footage at various angles.
To go along with the camera kit, Mophie will also launch the Outride iOS app that provides users with a profile and the ability to capture and share footage with other users:
· Capture, View and Share—Free on the iTunes store, the OUTRIDE app is a place for the action sports community to search and share videos from around the globe, on-the-go:
· Personal Profile—Get started by uploading a profile picture and adding in your location. From the personalized profile, users can view captured videos and photos, find and follow friends, and customize categories
· Capture—Allows the user to shoot both vertically or horizontally
· View—Custom settings allows for a unique viewing experience, and provides notifications of “friends” updates
· Share—Community-based sharing allows users to discover new users and connect with the “mophie” community within the app and through other social networks
If you are interested in the Outride, you can sign up at Mophie’s website to learn more when it launches sometime in mid-September. Prices will range from $129.95 to $149.95 for the various bundles, and we will bring you our first impressions when we get our hands on one.