If you want to take full advantage of iOS 6 and the new iPhone 5′s extra screen real estate, you will want to pick up some of the apps and updates below, which are specifically optimized for the device’s bigger screen size and latest OS. We will continue to update the list as more updates that are notable pop up.
Support for iOS 6 and iPhone 5
- updated for iOS 6 and iPhone 5
- iOS 5.0 or higher is now required
- improved scrolling prevents accidental panel swipes
- unified navigation menu (added in version 1.2)
- bug fixes
Temple Run version 1.6: In addition to iPhone support, Temple Run also gets new social sharing features to celebrate hitting 100 million downloads:
- Bigger screen size for iPhone 5
- New social sharing feature. Now share your scores via Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks.
- Lots of bug fixes
-Support for the bigger iPhone 5 display
-Some minor Bugfixes
- Works with Siri on iOS 6
For the iPhone 5:
- New “Great Tables” search feature makes it easier to find top restaurants with tables available tonight.
- New maps display lets you look at a restaurant list two different ways. Tap the map area to see your the restaurants on a map, and tap the pins to see available tables. To go back to the list, simply scroll the map up.
- Updated design makes the most of the bigger screen on the iPhone 5.
-Compatibility with iOS 6 and iPhone 5; improved speed and stability.
-iPhone 5 support, Compatibility improvements for future iOS software
-Supports 4-inch retina display on iPhone 5
☆ Tumblr users can now select which blog (or blogs) to post to
☆ Compatibility with iOS 6 and iPhone 5
In our top 30 reading apps – this was also updated with iPhone 5 support:
- iOS 6 bugfixes
- iPhone 5 compatibility
- New Open-Dyslexic font to increase legibility for readers with dyslexia.
Color Splash 2.0 is our biggest update ever, featuring a redesigned interface with new image editing tools and improved integration with social networks:
- Adjust image brightness, contrast, saturation and more.
- Browse and download photos from Instagram, Facebook and Flickr and share your edited images on Facebook, Twitter and Flickr.
- Create beautiful physical postcards and have them sent to your friends anywhere in the world (powered by Sincerely).
- A redesigned interface makes Color Splash easier and more fun to use than ever.
- The app makes full use of the larger iPhone 5 screen.
Podcasts 1.1 adds support for iOS 6. This version also provides:
• Automatically keep your podcast subscriptions up-to-date between devices using iCloud
• A new setting to choose to automatically download new episodes only when on Wi-Fi
• A new setting to choose whether to play episodes by oldest to newest or newest to oldest
• Pull to refresh a subscription to check for new episodes on iOS 6
• Additional performance and stability improvements
○ Optimised for the fabulous new iPhone 5 and iPod touch. Important note:
iOS 6 is here, and we think it’s amazing, so much so that the next version of Shazam (v6.0), will require iOS 6, so why not update now. It’s free and easy to update wirelessly on your phone or iPod Touch: simply open the Settings app, go to “General” and then “Software Update”. From offline Reading Lists to turn by turn directions, you’ll love iOS 6…
- Support for the larger display on the iPhone 5 lets you see more notes
- Added native Facebooks sharing on iOS 6
- iOS 6 compatible (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)
- NEW: Passbook delivery option for game ticket purchases. Supported MLB ballparks: AT&T Park, Citi Field, Fenway Park and Kauffman Stadium (iPhone and iPod touch)
- NEW: 16×9 formatted video and enhanced screen design (iPhone 5 and iPod touch, 5th generation)
✓ Fully upgraded for iOS 6 (still compatible with iOS 5+)
✓ Enhanced for the iPhone 5 (Retina 4″ display)
✓ Innovative new video highlighter tool makes it easy and fun to highlight the best moments
✓ 2 gorgeous new filters: Alien and Grunge
✓ Real-time video filters (iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iOS 6 required)
✓ Video stabilization to make your videos look pro (iPhone 4S/5, iOS 6 required)
✓ Share your videos directly to Twitter or Facebook (or just on Lumify)
✓ Entertaining tweets while waiting for your video to upload
✓ Faster uploads, more robust video streaming, greater stability and tons of other improvements under the hood
Passbook supported apps:
-Save time with Passbook! Now you can send & store your “Mobile Ticket” for participating theaters in Passbook & breeze into the theater (iPhone iOS 6 users only)
-General bug fixes & usability enhancements