Beats Electronics just announced the availability of its Jawbone speaker alternative, the Beats Pill.
The four-speaker system is compatible with iOS and Android via Bluetooth 4.0, and it amplifies app audio and supports all call functions including conference calls due to a built-in microphone. It also boasts an NFC chip so users can pair an NFC-enabled smartphone with just a tap.
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery provides 7 hours of continuous play
- AC Power adapter with USB receptacle for charging
- Auto shut-off after 30 minutes of no signal detection in order to conserve battery life
- 3.5mm line out for connection to an external speaker system
- Built-in mic for hands free conferencing
- Echo cancellation for call clarity and feedback control
- 8 Bluetooth profiles
- Tap-to-pair NFC and apt-X technology for easy and instant Bluetooth audio
It is available today in black, red, and white options for $199 at Beats’ website and select retailers.
Check it out: Beats Pill—Just what the doctor ordered
The full press release is below.
(The company also announced The Beats By Dr. Dre Executive Headphones for $299.95. Complete details are in the presser below.)
- Bluetooth-based Jawbone conveniently declares ‘the dock is dead’ following Apple’s move to 9-pin adapters [Video] (9to5mac.com)
- Radio Shack to act as a Cricket Wireless MVNO, offer the HTC One V and Alcatel Authority prepaid (9to5google.com)
- Bluetooth keyboard for Mac/iPad/iPhone just $17 (9to5mac.com)
- Apple reportedly prepping ‘AirPlay Direct’ feature to stream audio from iOS devices to speakers sans home WiFi network (9to5mac.com)
BEATS ELECTRONICS SETS NEW STANDARD IN WIRELESS SPEAKERS WITH INTRODUCTION OF THE “BEATS PILL”
THE COMPANY ALSO OFFICIALLY UNVEILS THE “EXECUTIVE” PREMIUM HEADPHONE WITH FOCUS ON QUALITY, COMFORT, AND DESIGN
New York – Tuesday, October 16, 2012 – Beats Electronics LLC, the leading audio brand co-founded by legendary artist and producer Dr. Dre and Interscope Geffen A&M Chairman Jimmy Iovine, today announced the expansion of the company’s global product offering with the introduction of the Beats Pill, a portable wireless speaker with built-in patented Beats Audio, and the Executive premium headphones. Beats currently owns over 56% of the $100+ premium headphone market in North America according to data from NPD, and these two new products will continue to raise the bar across form, function, design and most importantly, sound quality.
“The introduction of the Beats Pill and the Executive is the perfect beginning to a truly autonomous Beats as we transform into a freestanding consumer electronics company this year, “said Beats By Dr. Dre President & COO, Luke Wood. “These products demonstrate our total commitment to design, technological innovation and premium sound experience.”
Introducing The Beats By Dr. Dre Beats Pill Wireless Speaker At Beats, sound is king. From the placement of the drivers to the materials of the grill, the Beats Pill is specifically designed to optimize sound quality and maximize volume. The Beats Pill is the first product to be fully integrated with the company’s patented Beats Audio algorithm and also features exclusive speaker modules to provide the highest quality portable listening experience.
The Beats Pill is also the first wireless speaker to hit store shelves with tap-to-pair NFC and apt-X technology for easy and instant Bluetooth audio. More features include:
• All call functions – including speakerphone when paired with your smartphone
• Four speaker system with Beats unique sound profile
• Rechargeable lithium ion battery provides 7 hours of continuous play
• AC Power adapter with USB receptacle for charging
• Auto shut-off after 30 minutes of no signal detection in order to conserve battery life
• 3.5mm line out for connection to an external speaker system
• Built-in mic for hands free conferencing
• Echo cancellation for call clarity and feedback control
• 8 Bluetooth profiles
The Beats Pill will be available in the Beats by Dr. Dre signature colors black, white and red with additional color options coming soon. The Beats Pill retails for $199 and is available today at The Beats Store as well as authorized Beats resellers and will also be available at www.beatsbydre.com.
Introducing The Beats By Dr. Dre Executive Headphones The Executive represents a new distinctive, sophisticated design for the Beats By Dr. Dre brand that focuses on craftsmanship using premium materials such as aluminum alloy, stainless steel and leather. The soft leather headband and comfortable ear cups are designed for long wear and a unique folding design make Beats Executive headphones easy to carry on-the-go. The Executive has superior Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) performance, tuned for uninterrupted listening enjoyment at 35,000 feet and everywhere in between and with the iOS compatible microphone cable, it offers full phone functionality including answer/end, call waiting, call switching and voice command.
The Executive comes in a classic silver and retails for $299. The Executive line of headphones is currently available for purchase at the Beats Store, authorized Beats resellers, as well as at www.beatsbydre.com.
Additionally, Today Beats Electronics is expanding its in-ear product offering with the launch of the new urBeats. These new earphones were specifically designed to be a substantial upgrade from the headphones that come with your music player: more durability, better sound, and a chance to do real justice to your music. urBeats provide the premium sound quality that has become synonymous with the Beats by Dr. Dre brand.
The new urBeats earphones are available in Black, White and Gunmetal and retail for $99.