Two weeks following its 2013 Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple has seeded a second beta of the upcoming iOS 7 to developers. The new seed is available in iOS Settings via the Software Update section. It should arrive on Apple’s Developer Portal as a full download later today.
The new beta likely focuses on performance improvements and bug fixes as this is what Apple tends to focus on during major iOS release beta phases. Earlier today, we published an extensive look at changes between initial iOS release betas and the launched version. It is likely that iOS 7 will see multiple refinements between now and launch.
We will follow-up with any changes found in this new beta. As always, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org with anything you find.
iOS 7 includes an all-new user interface and features such as AirDrop peer-to-peer file transfer functionality, Control Center for quickly accessing settings, a new Photos app, integration with cars, and new Siri voices and options.
All Changes below:
Voice Memos has returned:
Siri has new Male and Female voices:
New clock icon and animation in Control Center:
New button in Weather to access all cities:
Notification to add media to Shared Photo Stream:
Revamped Reminders app:
Avatars in group iMessage chats ( In messages, if you drag the conversation bubbles to the left, you can see the exact time the message was sent):
New Find my iPhone icon in Settings:
Tweaked Lock screen Music controls:
Safari Bookmarks/Reading List/Shared Links tabs re-ordered/slightly tweaked:
Pano camera UI tweaked:
Darker FaceTime app UI:
– We’ve noticed improved transparency across the system, particularly under keyboards and in folders.
Slightly tweaked media player controls/UI:
New Newsstand interface:
– Various performance improvements across the system.
– New layout for Calendar list view on the iPhone.
New E-Mail service icons for some providers:
Revamped Nike+ app included in beta 2:
– Minor system-wide UI tweak: title and button bars are no longer solid pure white
– If you have a contact with a nickname, it appears in Messages under the nickname, rather than the full name.
– Photo Stream will again upload screenshots taken in beta 2.
– Video of iPhone changes in beta 2:
– Handy new feature in Mail: Shake to Undo to un-archive something.
– iPad has Camera control on the Lock screen. All iPad iOS 7 details can be found here.