This Mac OS X Book is reliable, powerful, and easy-to-use — just like OS X 10.4, Tiger.
Whether you’re a first-time Mac user, upgrading from a previous Mac OS version, or switching from Windows or Unix, the latest edition of this best-seller is your one-stop resource for information on Apple’s powerhouse operating system. Filled with detailed explanations, step-by-step instructions, and useful examples, this book answers all your questions and shows you how to take advantage of every aspect of Mac OS X. Authors Stauffer and McElhearn divulge their Mac OS X troubleshooting know-how and get you up to speed on all that’s new, including:
- Personalizing Mac OS X: Dock, Desktop, and Finder.
- Using the latest features, including Spotlight, Automator, Dashboard, and Safari RSS.
- Encrypting data, storing passwords, and using built-in applications.
- Connecting to, troubleshooting, and securing your Internet connection.
- Using, automating, and securing e-mail from viruses.
- Using QuickTime, QuickTime Pro, and iMovie to play, edit, and export movie files.
- Burning audio and data CDs, and playing MP3s, Internet radio, and DVD movies.
- Importing, exporting, and editing digital images using iPhoto.
- Building a secure network and safely sharing files.
- Using Windows and Unix documents, networking protocols, and applications.
- Working with Terminal and Darwin command lines and Darwin applications.
- Backing up and recovering data, managing your disks and peripherals.
- Configuring and tweaking Apache, FTP serving, PHP, and MySQL.
- Quickly diagnosing and solving common system-level problems.
- Troubleshooting Classic and native applications.
- Getting more out of your iPod and iTunes.
Order your copy today!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.