The "exceptional individual" will "validate the security architecture for the iPhone."
"As an implementer of advanced technologies in OS X, you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on Apple’s embedded operating system products." We like the use of the plural there.
Like everyone, we’ve speculated that Apple has far bigger plans for embedded system products – its purchase of PA Semi, recent disclosures of new cutting-edge products at prices competitors can’t match, and various mutterings and job ads have suggested the company plans a major play in digital media. It’s widely believed the company want’s to widen its Apple TV franchise, and many consider devices equipped with WiMax from Apple may show their face next year, as that standard enters wider deployment.
Step away from speculation, return to the job posting:
* Review and provide feedback on security mechanisms implemented in OS X
* Provide risk analysis of potential security threats to our embedded products
* Develop "proof of concept" attacks on the current security mechanisms
* Come up with new and innovative ways of increasing security while preserving ease-of-use and increasing the quality of the end-user experience.
* Work cooperatively with other parts of CoreOS on cross-functional technologies and initiatives to enhance security and security policies
* A genuine passion for analyzing security technologies and developing "proof of concept" attacks
* Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills
* Industry exposure to and knowledge of OS security and UNIX internals
* A strong software development background
* Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
* Previous experience in operating systems and security tools
* Mac OS X exposure (end user, administrator, developer)
* Involvement in reverse engineering and security communities
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills
Take a look at the job description on Apple’s recruitment website here, if you are the one who gets the position, you can expect, "Our environment fosters product innovation, rapid product iteration, and a liberating amount of autonomy."
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.