The two big names in Macintosh and iPhone Twitterring are Tweetie and Twitterrific. The latter got a significant update in the iPhone space yesterday with the release of Twitterrific 2.0 ($3.99 iTunes link).
It is a terrific update all around (an it has been redone, top to bottom), adding many up until now desktop only functions. In fact, while we are sticking with Tweetie on the Mac platform, the new Twitterrific is our new iPhone destination. The interface has been redone and a whole bunch of great new features has been added:
• New themes & timeline layouts
• Support for multiple accounts
• Extended author information
• Support for Twitter searches
• Support for Twitter trends
• Timeline filtering
• Conversation threads
• Support for retweeting
• Improved posting interface
• Advanced setting options
…to the already impressive feature list:
• Manage multiple accounts, searches & trends
• Unified timeline displays replies, direct messages, favorites & more
• Filter timeline for different tweet types instantly
• Easily view conversation threads between users
• Customizable visual themes & layout styles
• Powerful tweet actions such as RT, URL shortening, email, text compression & others
• Wide range of advanced settings
The one downer is that iPhone 3.0 testers aren’t yet be able to follow links – which is a biggie. Twitterrific has a call into Apple regarding the problem.
BTW, if you want to follow 9to5mac on Twitter, head here.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.