Today Apple updated their Safari web browser to version 5.0.3 for Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Windows and 4.1.3 for Mac OS X Tiger. The update brings a slew of security enhancements as well as some general improvements.
This update contains improvements to usability, compatibility, stability, accessibility and security, including the following:
- More accurate Top Hit results in the Address Field
- More accurate results in Top Sites
- Fixes an issue that could cause content delivered with the Flash 10.1 plug-in to overlap webpage content
- More reliable pop-up blocking
- Improved stability when typing into search and text input fields onwww.netflix.com and www.facebook.com
- Improved stability when using VoiceOver with Safari
For detailed information on the security content of this update, please visit this site:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
The update is now available via the Software Update application on the Mac and PC or you can download it directly from Apple’s website.