Patently Apple reports on a new Patent application for a Fitness center app. The app has social and gaming hooks as well as location based help modules. The idea is to augment the fitness/training experience with all of the tech surrounding mobile devices.
Nike also makes an appearance in the application with a “The Nike Training Club Class” illustration.
Apple’s Fitness Center App is well designed to cover all aspects of a workout including stats gathered from next generation smart equipment right down to the inclusion of a unique social networking component that will work within a particular fitness center or within your city limits to help you find a workout buddy and/or to stir on competition to get you motivated. Apple’s new fitness center app is designed to work with your iPhone or iPod touch to provide you with realtime stats to keep you informed and on track.
- Apple granted key patents for on-the-go wireless device activation and RFID interaction (hint: E-wallet) (9to5mac.com)
- Apple now field-testing iOS 5 with App Store applications (9to5mac.com)
- Android has more freebies as Apple makes big bucks from 3x paid apps (9to5mac.com)
- Apple sets the record straight on location tracking: It was a bug, fix is underway (9to5mac.com)
- US Army launching own app store (9to5mac.com)
- Apple patents iWeb for iPad (9to5mac.com)
- Apple imagines blow-away bezel with illuminated touch controls for iOS gadgets (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.