Popular micro-blogging service Twitter has unveiled a revamped HTML5 web app that mimics the look and feel of its native iOS counterpart. The new rich interface works in mobile Safari and other mobile browsers, Twitter said. New features include the ability to quickly scroll through your timeline, move between tabs, compose tweets, access your timeline, @mentions, messages that you can read in conversation view, search, trending topics, lists and more.
There’s no need to install anything and it gets updated more frequently, being a cloud-based app. Check it out by pointing your iPhone, iPod touch or Android device at twitter.com. Bear in mind Twitter is gradually releasing the web app so don’t panic if it’s not yet available to you. If you use Twitter’s official Mac client, good stuff happening on that front, too…
Twitter for Mac 2.1 features a revamped interface consistent with the native iOS app and the new HTML5 web app. It also follows Apple’s user interface guidelines more closely.
Other enhancements include the obligatory bug fixes and performance improvements, the ability to open any timeline view in a new window to help track multiple tweet sources at once (akin to TweetDeck columns) and more.
Twitter for Mac 2.1 is a free download from the Mac App Store.
- The Future of Apps: Fortune500+ Web App (9to5mac.com)
- Why iOS 4.3 runs home screen web apps two times slower? (9to5mac.com)
- iOS 5 packs Photo Stream social feature into Photos.app? (9to5mac.com)
- Apple confirms: iOS web apps run slower than Safari, don’t utilize iOS 4.3 “web performance optimizations” (9to5mac.com)
- You can now undo actions in Gmail web app (9to5mac.com)
- TweetDeck re-released as a brand new iOS app with better features (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.