MacRumors points us to a Korean forum where a user reportedly posted a picture of the iPad 3’s Retina display. As you can see in the image above, both the iPad 3 (bottom) and iPad 2 (top) displays are compared. Both look to measure 9.7-inches, but they have different cable arrangements.
iFixit provided a teardown of the iPad 2’s display for comparison purposes. The purported Retina iPad 3 display pictured above has three brown connectors, instead of the iPad 2’s two connectors, to presumably power the 2048×1536 resolution of the new display.
As the iPad 3 ramps to launch sometime this spring, more parts and rumors for the tablet have leaked. Last week we showed you the reported dock connector and ribbon cable for the iPad 3, along with the home button sources provided.
Along with the Retina display, the iPad 3 is rumored to have an 8-megapixel camera, dual-mode wireless chip for CDMA and GSM, Apple’s A6 processor, and more RAM. Last night, a DigiTimes report claimed Apple would utilize Sharp’s IGZO display in the iPad 3.
- iPad 3 home buttons begin floating around China, feature more design tweaks (9to5mac.com)
- Citi: Next-gen iPad to launch in February with Retina display (9to5mac.com)
- All4Cellular Roundup: Scosche snapSHIELD for iPad for $3 + $2, more (9to5toys.com)
- Analyst: iPad 3 Retina Display production “has started” (9to5mac.com)
- iPad 3 parts leak as rumored 2012 release comes closer (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.