Following a number regional U.S. carriers that launched the iPhone this month, Oklahoma-based Pioneer Cellular today announced availability of the iPhone 4S. The carrier covers a large section of Northwest Oklahoma, and it will launch the device in-store at select locations today, followed by other locations on May 29, June 4, June 11, and June 18. Click the image to the right for a full list of cities and dates.
The carrier has not announced pricing or iPhone- specific plans for the device, but it currently has data plans starting at $30 for other smartphones. Earlier this month, regional carriers in Kentucky, Kansas, and California launched the iPhone 4S and iPhone 4, with some prices starting at $149 for the 4S and $49 for the iPhone 4. In April, five other small carriers added the iPhone.
- Sprint to give $100 toward iPhone 4S during trade-in promo (9to5mac.com)
- Bluegrass Cellular & Golden State Cellular launching iPhone 4S for $149, iPhone 4 for $49 starting May 18 (9to5mac.com)
- World’s largest carrier China Mobile in talks with Apple to carry the iPhone (9to5mac.com)
- T-Mobile TV ad compares iPhone 4S on AT&T to its 4G network (9to5mac.com)
- How apps will benefit from a 4-inch iPhone (9to5mac.com)
- Target discounting iPhone 4S to $149, iPhone 4 to $49 – in store only (9to5mac.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.