The OtterBox’s popular Defender Series case for Apple iPhone 4/4S is now “a canvas for creativity.”
Artists Monique Maloney and Evan Mann both created textile and drawing-inspired patterns for the rough-and-tough OtterBox, and they are available starting today for $59.99 each at Amazon.
(conveniently, Mophie Juice Pack Plus Battery Case for iPhone 4/S is on sale for $40 + $5 s&h today)
A behind-the-scenes look at the artists and their designs are below:
The press release is below.
- Review: Smart Case for iPad [Video] (9to5mac.com)
- Apple to return to vertical, tall iPod nano design, add home button? (9to5mac.com)
- Griffin’s MIDIConnect interface for iOS devices now available (9to5mac.com)
- Twitter reveals how it painstakingly overhauled mobile client [Photos] (9to5mac.com)
- New OtterBox Studio Collection is Canvas of Creativity for Up-and-Coming Artists
- FORT COLLINS, Colo., Jul 12, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) — The OtterBox(R) Defender Series(R) case for Apple(R) iPhone(R) 4/4S is now a canvas for creativity, featuring designs from up-and-coming artists Monique Maloney and Evan Mann. The new Studio Collection from OtterBox paints a path to protection with two unique design styles.
- “The Eternality designs were inspired by my fondness for the flowers, flourishes and repeating patterns that I see in daily life,” Maloney said. “Whether in textiles, nature or other artists’ illustrations, the beauty in small details brightens my day.”
- Maloney is an award-winning graphic designer and educator currently residing in Virginia along with her husband and an active two-year-old daughter. Inspired by textile designer William Morris and the Art Nouveau movement, Maloney’s style can be described as organic and whimsical. She enjoys weaving hand-rendered elements into a digital format, blending her love of drawing and illustrating with her passion for design.
- Mann, creator of the Surreal designs, is a Colorado-based artist who works with drawing, printmaking, sculpture, installation and video. Influenced by artists such as Sara Sze, Tara Donovan, Oliver Vernon and Matthew Barney, he creates otherworldly scenarios and environments that explore the metaphysical and mysterious aspects of reality. He goes great lengths to exercise his imagination as he grapples with themes related to faith, life, death and love.
- “The work on the Surreal OtterBox cases are my imaginings of metaphysical spaces – the imagery depicts the manifestation of invisible worlds and phenomena beyond the limitations of our physical senses,” Mann said. “My hope is for these spatial landscapes to act as imaginative nourishment that feed the mystery of reality.”
- The Studio Collection of Defender Series cases are available now from www.otterbox.com .* For more information, visit www.otterbox.com/studio-series.
- Additional Information:
- Environmental Protection:
- — Drop and shock: protects device against drop, shock and bump
- — Dust intrusion: dust does not enter in a sufficient quantity to interfere with satisfactory operation of device
- — Water protection: not tested or recommended for water protection
- — Eternality: Sublime, Celestial, Perennial and Immortal**
- — Surreal: Dream and Fantasy
- Dimensions (case only):
- — 4.88 in (124.12 mm) x 2.71 in (68.91 mm) x 0.66 in (16.76 mm)
- Approximate Weight (case only):
- — 1.83 oz (52.06 g)