Image credit: AllThingsD
Word is coming out of the court room that the jury in the San Jose-based Apple versus Samsung trial has reached a verdict. The result is yet to be announced, but we should find out shortly. Stay tuned to this post for more information as it develops.
– The Verge is inside the court room and shares that “Apple lawyer Michael Jacobs is smiling.”
– The Verge also says that the verdict was reached at 2:35 PM.
– Photo of camera crews outside of the court room waiting for reactions.
– Samsung has asked for 30 minutes to review the verdict.
– Review the case:
– Judge Koh is reviewing the verdict forms.
– Verdict may need to be edited by jurors if there are errors (via CNet).
– Samsung and Apple are going to both review the verdict (@reckless)
– Jury is in the court time (@jonfortt)
– Judge is explaining the process to the jurors, foreperson is juror number 1 (@jonfortt)
– First claim: Samsung is guilty on all products.
– Samsung guilty on bounce back.
– Samsung infringes on pinch to zoom on all but three devices.
– Apple’s patent for iPhone’s front surface violated on all but one phone.
– Two Samsung phones violated the back of the iPhone.
– Samsung violated with all phones on the iPhone home screen patent.
– Samsung Galaxy Tab design does NOT INFRINGE the Apple iPad’s design, per the Jury.
– Jury says Apple patents were willfully infringed by Samsung (5 out of 7 places).
– Jury finds that all of Apple’s patents ARE VALID.
– Damages to Apple $1,051,855,000
– iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 4, iPad and iPod touch don’t infringe any Samsung patents.
– AAPL up: 670.90 +7.68 (1.16%)
– Apple has to pay Samsung $0
– Apple has infringed no Samsung products.
– AAPL up: 672.75 +9.53 (1.44%)