The deal of the day at 9to5Toys.com today is Dragon Dictate 3 for Mac for $100. That’s half off and the lowest price we’ve seen (and $21 off Amazon’s price). Dragon uses the same Nuance recognition that Apple uses in Mountain Lion but adds all kinds of extras as you can see in the video above.
Let Your Voice Do The Work.
Want to tell your Mac what to do?
Now you can with the #1 voice recognition software out on the market. Tell your computer to open your email and write an email to Big Foot and that’s what it will do.
Need to draft up an email for work? Or write a paper for school?
Don’t bother typing it because Dragon Dictate will help you get it done in lightning speed. Just read your text aloud and watch the magic appear before your eyes right on your computer screen.
With Dragon Dictate you can use your voice to create and edit text or interact with your favorite Mac applications. You can even use a digital voice recorder and Dragon will transcribe your dictation when you are back at your Mac.
With the digital version you’ll be able to use your Mac’s built-in mic or an external mic to help you deliver demands to your Mac.
Please note: the digital version doesn’t include an external USB headset but the Boxed version (shipping costs $9.95) does. Click HERE to buy the boxed version.
Benefits of the Best-Selling Speech Recognition Software for the Mac.
Customers all over the world share the same excitement with friends and family when describing their experience using Dragon software. Below are some of the top benefits:
- Work Fast & More Accurately: Create documents, reports, make Facebook and Twitter posts, e-mail, and surf the internet 3x faster than typing – with up to 99.9% accuracy. Accomplish more on your computer than ever before.
- Feel Better at the End of the Day: Using Dragon software will dramatically reduce strain on your eyes, wrists, hands, neck, back, and entire body. Work in a relaxed hands free mode without being hunched over at your computer typing and developing repetitive strain injuries such as carpal tunnel from repetitive mouse clicks and typing.
- Be More Creative & a Better Note Taker: Dragon keeps up with your thoughts at the speed of your voice. How many times have you had a great idea and you couldn’t write it down or type it fast enough into a document to remember everything in detail as it entered your mind? Just speak and Dragon does all the typing for you.
- Be More Productive than Ever: Capture your thoughts on the go using a Nuance approved Digital Voice Recorder and Dragon Dictate 3 will transcribe the recorded audio files when you connect to your Mac. Or use the Dragon Remote Mic App that turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a wireless microphone for use with Dragon on your Mac. The Dragon Remote Mic App is available FREE of charge from the iTunes App store.
’I’m using Word 2011. It certainly performs flawlessly with this version. It stayed synchronized no matter what I tried on it. I used some formats that might be employed with templates. Perfect match, it stayed synchronized the entire time.” – Philip Blair
“Rave: wow, is this fast. Very impressive. I just came over from 2.0 .3. Now, it appears to be quite stable and incredibly fast. Re: Microsoft Word, flawless! I’ve been unable to make it crash or lose it synchrony. It seems to know right word is at all times. An extremely fast and navigation as well.” –Philip Blair
“It’s so accurate, it’s almost spooky. I think there is a little court reporter with a StenoGraph machine in there. I love the fact that I can mix voice commands and mouse clicks without my special tricks. Often, when I’m writing, I start typing then get on a roll where I can’t keep up, even with my 100+ WPM Dvorak typing skills. I just flip on my mic, and start talking. Amazing. Just when I think it can’t get more accurate, a new version surprises me. If you dried voice dictation in the Old Days (even 3 years ago) and found it lacking, you just have to give this a try.” – George Silverman
Ignite Productivity With Fast, Accurate Dictation Say words and watch them appear on your computer screen — three times faster than typing — with up to 99% recognition accuracy right out of the box. Correcting or revising your dictated text is SIMPLE with a new, more powerful correction interface that lets you quickly edit words or phrases.
Ignite Convenience Using Your Favorite Mac Applications Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 goes beyond simple speech-to-text, and gives you control in more applications so that you can simply speak to do more than ever before.
- Use with virtually any Mac application
- Create and edit documents in Microsoft Word, TextEdit, Notepad and Pages
- Work with spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel and Numbers
- Create presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint and Keynote
- Manage email in Mail
- Search the Web or your Mac desktop
- Post to Facebook or Twitter, and more – all by voice
Ignite Proficiency & Ease of Use Right Out of The Box Thanks to the new interactive tutorial’s simulations, you can learn and practice good dictation, correction and editing habits so that you can create text efficiently within just a few minutes.
Ignite Freedom & Comfort at Your Mac Say goodbye to repetitive stress injuries. Use your Mac in a comfortable, ergonomic way withoutbeing tied to your keyboard and mouse. Open applications or folders, select menu items, click or move the mouse, press keys, switch from one application to another or create custom voice commands to execute multiple steps by voice. Use your Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (4th gen) or your compatible Android device as a wireless microphone over Wi-Fi for optimal convenience. Wideband Bluetooth support delivers outstanding wireless performance with no training required.
Ignite Mobility For Productivity On The Go Dictate into a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder or use the free Dragon Recorder app to capture high-quality audio files using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (4th gen). Dragon Dictate will transcribe the recorded audio files when you connect to your Mac. These mobile recording capabilities enable you to capture thoughts from anywhere, at any time while they’re still fresh in your mind to produce detailed, high-quality reports, papers, proposals, meeting minutes, and more.
- CPU: Intel-based Mac computer (2.2 Ghz Intel Core2 Duo processor or greater recommended)
- Free hard disk space: 4GB
- Supported Operating Systems: OS X Lion (10.7) or OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)
- RAM: 2GB recommended
- A DVD-ROM drive for installation
- A Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone for Mac (included in purchase)
- Note: An Internet connection is required for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process)
- English, French, German, and Italian.