This week we’re talking iOS 9 beta 3. What’s new? Why should you care? We’ll go over all of the new and upcoming features in iOS 9 as well as a new public beta program for iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan. Along with that, we discuss Apple’s new watchOS 2 downgrade protocol and some great news for iOS device owners in the UK. The Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and through our dedicated RSS feed.
New episodes of Happy Hour are available every Wednesday. As mentioned, you can download this podcast via iTunes or plug in our RSS feed link into your favorite podcasting app. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (or click here) and your question/comment may be featured in an upcoming episode of Happy Hour.
Note: iTunes (web interface and app) may still be propagating the new episode which could take up to 24 hours. Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Apple releases iOS 9 beta 3 with Apple Music to developers for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch
- Hands-on with Apple’s News app in iOS 9 [Gallery]
- iOS 9 public beta to be released today via Apple’s Beta Program (U: Available)
- Apple outlines AppleCare service process for downgrading from watchOS 2.0 beta
- As Apple Pay goes live in UK, Barclays bank announces it will support the service after all
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 w/ fixes for Match and Beats 1 issues
- First look: Apple designed packaging for third-party accessories arriving at Apple Stores (Gallery)
- It’s official: Apple Pay goes live in the U.K. today
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.