Earlier today we reported that Barclays in the UK finally added Apple Pay support after a lengthy delay, and back in the US there are 32 more banks and credit unions that now let you add their issued debit and credit cards to use with Apple’s mobile payment solution. These are the latest additions:
- Alaska Airlines/Horizon Airlines Employees Federal Credit Union
- Albany Bank & Trust Company N.A.
- Astoria Bank
- Bath Savings Institution
- Better Banks
- Coast Central Credit Union
- Georgia Heritage Federal Credit Union
- Gibsland Bank & Trust
- Glasford Bank
- Island Federal Credit Union
- Jefferson Bank
- Lake Sunapee Bank
- LES Federal Credit Union
- McKesson Employees’ Federal Credit Union
- Mercy Health Partners Federal Credit Union
- Middlesex Saving Bank
- Miramar Federal Credit Union
- Newburyport Five Cents Savings Bank
- Northwest Savings Bank
- NuVision Federal Credit Union
- Pacific Premier Bank
- Polish-American Federal Credit Union
- Providence Bank & Trust
- Resurgens Bank
- Rockland Federal Credit Union
- SafeAmerica Credit Union
- State Street Bank
- Surety Bank
- URW Community Federal Credit Union
- Waldo State Bank
- Whitney/Hancock Bank (Hancock is new addition)
- WinSouth Credit Union
Here’s how to setup Apple Pay if your bank is supported (full list):
On the iPhone, just head to the Wallet app on iOS 9 and tap the plus (+) icon in the top right corner to begin, then follow the prompts. To add a debit card to the Apple Watch, go to the Apple Watch app on iPhone and look for the Wallet & Apple Pay section, then Add Credit or Debit Card section. iPads with Touch ID can use Apple Pay in apps; go to Settings then Wallet & Apple Pay to add your card there.
If you’re looking for places to test out Apple Pay, Exxon Mobile recently added support for buying gas with Apple Pay through its SpeedPass+ app. Stores like the Apple Store, Best Buy, Whole Foods, and Walgreens all accept Apple Pay as payment at checkout, and McDonalds, Subway, and many restaurants through OpenTable accept Apple Pay payments as well. Apple also has a list of official partners here, and anywhere with the contactless payment logo at checkout should accept Apple Pay.
Apple Pay works with the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, Apple Watch, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, and both iPad Pro models. The new iPhone SE also features Apple Pay, which is a first for the 4-inch iPhone class.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.