This week Benjamin and Zac unpack the latest iPhone 7 rumors, Eddy Cue’s flamboyant negotiation style, the latest iOS 10 and macOS Sierra betas, and all those new emoji including the controversial water pistol. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Note: iTunes (web interface and app) may still be propagating the new episode which could take up to 24 hours. Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Apple launches international Smart Keyboards for iPad Pro
- Apple is about to pass 1 billion iPhones milestone (U: Apple confirms 1B sold)
- Pre-orders for ‘iPhone 7’ now rumored for Sept. 9th, suggesting event during week of Sept. 5th
- Video appears to show official Lightning to 3.5mm adapter for iPhone 7 without headphone jack
- Former Apple PR exec Natalie Kerris leaving new gig at Twitter after less than 6 months
- Following Apple’s $1B investment in Didi Chuxing, company buys out UberChina
- Kanye West says Apple/Tidal ‘beef’ hurting the music industry, calls for meeting with Tim Cook
- Tim Cook reportedly hosting Hillary Clinton fundraiser next month following Paul Ryan event
- Report details Apple’s efforts to build a TV set, Eddy Cue’s tough negotiations w/ cable networks
- Apple issues iOS 10 beta 4 for developers, here’s everything new
- Apple releases watchOS 3 beta 4 for Apple Watch to developers
- Apple seeds tvOS 10 beta 4 for Apple TV to developers
- macOS 10.12 Sierra beta 4 hits the Mac App Store for developers
- iOS 10 will include over 100 new emoji, new diversity options, water gun, female athletes, more [Gallery]
- Apple releases new ‘Apple TV Remote’ app with Siri Remote features for iPhone
- Hands-on: New iOS 10 beta 4 features + changes [Video]
- Apple releases iOS 10 public beta 3 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- macOS 10.12 Sierra public beta 3 is now available
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.