In this week’s top stories: What to expect at Apple’s Oct. 27 ‘Hello Again’ Mac event, the latest iOS 10 betas, Jeff gives iOS users 10 handy Safari tips, and much more.
We kick things off with Apple’s upcoming ‘Hello Again’ Mac event scheduled for October 27. We give you the rundown on what to expect including the much anticipated all-new MacBook Pros and possible refreshes for the MacBook Air and iMacs.
IBM shares some interesting stats on how it’s cutting costs w/ largest enterprise Mac deployment: 100,000 by the end of the year. And one report confirms our earlier scoop that Apple is looking to Sonder for its dynamic e-ink keyboard tech for upcoming Macs.
We also got a couple iOS 10 beta releases this week alongside iOS 10.0.3 bringing cellular connectivity fixes for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. And Jeff shows you 10 handy Safari tips and five apps to check out this weekend in our top videos.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- What to expect at Apple’s Mac event: All-new MacBook Pros, refreshed Airs & iMacs, more
- New MacBook Pros coming this month w/ USB-C & no MagSafe, 11-inch Air to be discontinued
- Apple’s expected Mac event on October 27 is official: ‘hello again’
- IBM cutting costs w/ largest enterprise Mac deployment, 100,000 by end of year
- Comment: IBM’s Apple deployment stats should be a lesson to enterprise companies everywhere
- Apple to launch new Mac laptops with E-Ink dynamic keyboards in 2018
- Trademark filing suggests MacBook Pro OLED touch panel will be called the Magic Toolbar
- Final Cut Pro X trial page download link alludes to impending 10.3 update ahead of Mac event [Update]
- Apple releases iOS 10.1 beta 4 with Portrait camera for iPhone 7 Plus
- Apple releases iOS 10.1 beta 5 for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, & macOS Sierra 10.12.1 beta 5
- Apple releases iOS 10.0.3 for iPhone 7 & 7 Plus with cellular connectivity fixes
- Developer finds one-handed iPhone keyboard in iOS, activated by edge swipes
- iPhone 7 Plus weekend camera action: Portrait mode outdoors and underwater 4K
- Report: iPhone 7 models w/ Qualcomm modem feature better cellular performance versus Intel
- Review: Griffin’s iTrip Clip adapter gives your old 3.5mm headphones Bluetooth, just in time for iPhone 7
Apple Watch |
- Apple Watch Series 2 post-review tidbits: watchOS 3.1 battery life, GPS navigation, water resistance & more
- References to ‘Apple Watch Victory’ model spotted on Apple’s website
- More than 90% of ‘genuine’ Apple chargers & cables sold on Amazon are fake, says Apple
- The special features that enable Apple to remove security tethers from demo devices
- Here’s what you can buy at Apple’s special campus store in Cupertino [Gallery]
- Comment: Something is wrong when an Apple fan steps outside the Apple ecosystem
- WSJ: Apple has approached Time Warner in recent months, closely monitoring AT&T’s acquisition talks
This week’s top videos |
- 10 handy Safari tips that every iOS user should know [Video]
- Friday 5: Fantastical’s awesome calendar widget, an iOS 10-ready clipboard manager, and more [Video]
- Apple’s retail chief: 95 stores to get redesign by end of year, free Swift courses, Teacher Tuesdays, more
- New star-studded Beats ad touts ‘life without strings,’ teases upcoming BeatsX & Powerbeats3
Happy Hour Podcast 090|
This week Zac and Benjamin discuss new Macs planned for Apple’s upcoming Oct. 27 event, last minute expectations, the latest on Apple Car, and much more.
Subscribe to get all 9to5Mac’s stories delivered to your inbox daily. And to 9to5Toys for the best deals from around the web.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.