Rovio has updated Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds Evolution for the NFL season with football content.
Bird Island has been tuned into the NFL season thanks to some tinkering from Dr. Strangebird. Now the whole island is hyped up for Super Bowl LII! Join the celebration to collect a brand new bird – The Quarterback, and hit the gridiron for a game of Pigball in the NFLed-out Mighty Metrodome …
In Angry Birds 2, you can choose your favorite NFL team, and collect a new set of hats and helmets in your team’s colors, while Angry Birds Evolution has a complete Super Bowl LIII event.
- Super Bowl LII event introduces not two, not three, but 32 new yellow birds. It’ll be a bird huddle out there!
- Dream-Team: Hatch the Quarterback of your favourite Super Bowl team during the event.
- New Hatchery Rule: When a team’s bird has been hatched once, it won’t show up again, so it’s easier to hatch the next ones.
- All lights on you: Are you ready to compete in the new Super Bowl LII themed Arena?
- New game icon & splash screen to complement the Super Bowl event and get you all excited!
Other new features include a ‘romance robot’ and changes to Major Pecker’s Daily Challenge. These include access to the Daily Challenge for all players who unlock the Red Region, 10 waves instead of 7, and new & better rewards.
Rovio has also listed quite a few bug fixes:
- Clan level will now be stable and not roll back after multiple donations
- Underage players cannot join Clans even with an invitation
- Golden Tickets will now work each time and give you exactly 10 birds – no more misbehaviour!
- Background music nicely fits the quests now
- Unresponsiveness is not tolerated around here, Major Pecker had a few words for Daily Challenges being stuck and it was super effective
- Facebook connection will no longer intervene with your progression in the game, enough is enough!
- Clan leaderboards now show all players instead of top 25
- Anger Totems obtained from special offers can exceed the caps now, instead of being sent to the inbox
- Nothing illeagle here: Now when you buy Eagle Cards from Eagle Mountain, the rewards are shown properly
- Some battle result screens were so fast that they were invisible! They’ve been told to chill and show the goodies. It worked.
- Clan leaderboards in the Arena now always show rankings orderly and correct
- Avatar and frames now update regularly
- Grandfather Frost’s clones will no longer disappear when they hit a pig! We fixed the mirroring effect