Alongside releasing iOS 11.3 beta 1 today, Apple has made Swift Playgrounds 2.0 available with a new subscriptions feature to follow third-party creators, new robots, a fresh content gallery, and more. The release has been in beta for developers by request since last fall.
Apple shared an announcement for the updated app on its developer site as well as the App Store. The headline feature of version 2.0 is the ability to follow third-party creators with a new subscription feature.
Now you can subscribe to playgrounds from your favorite third-party creators, then browse and download their content directly within Swift Playgrounds.
Other updates include new robots, content gallery, refreshed Help resources, and more. Here are the full release notes:
- Subscriptions automatically show new playgrounds when available and alert you to updates
- New robots including IBM’s TJBot and Mekamon are available from the Add Subscriptions button
- New content gallery shows all playgrounds including third-party subscriptions in a single view
- Documentation for iOS features and commands is now available from the Help button and the tools menu
- Locations button lets you open playgrounds from the Files app on your iPadNote: Third-party robot playgrounds previously included in the app are now available directly from their respective authors when you browse subscriptions.
Swift Playgrounds is a free download from the App Store.