You’ve probably seen or used the Scribble feature on Apple Watch to send a message discreetly. But do you know about the slick Digital Crown predictive text feature to become an efficient and fast scribbler? Follow along for more…
While Scribbling out letters can work for succinct texts, it’s not the best fit for medium or longer texts. Luckily Apple built a predictive text feature that’s activated by turning the Digital Crown when scribbling.
How to use scribble on Apple Watch to text without voice
- Open Messages on Apple Watch and tap on a conversation
- Tap on Scribble
- Scribble a letter or two and then turn the Digital Crown to get suggestions
- Let go on the word you’d like to use and Messages will select it and add a space after the word
This takes a little getting used to, but can become quite efficient and handy once you’ve got some muscle memory for it.
You can even use the Digital Crown auto-suggestions to pull up an emoji 👍
Apple notes in a support document that you can currently scribble in the following languages:
- English (Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States)
- French (France and Canada)
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to sync your local iTunes library when you’re subscribed to Apple Music
- How to turn off app notification badges on iPhone
- How to fill Apple Watch activity rings while traveling through timezones
- How to stream Apple Music on Apple Watch Series 3 without iPhone
- How to check battery health and disable iPhone battery performance throttling in iOS 11.3
- How to protect your iPhone data with privacy controls built in to iOS 11
- How to wirelessly charge your AirPods case for about $10 in 3 easy steps
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.