As Siri has evolved in various ways over the years, suggestions from the smart assistant pop up across iOS in a variety of ways, often times by default. Follow along for how to customize Siri suggestions on your iPhone and iPad.
Siri suggestions come from analyzing your personal data, which happens on-device for greater user privacy. Even though many of these features are on by default, Apple gives users fine grain control of them, along with easy to understand descriptions of how the features work.
iPhone & iPad: How to customize Siri suggestions
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap Siri & Search
- Swipe down again and look for Siri Suggestions
- Tap the toggle next to Suggestions in Search, Suggestions in Look Up, or Suggestions on Lock Screen to turn the feature off
- Tap About Siri Suggestions & Privacy… to learn how personalized suggestions work on iOS
You’ll also find Siri app suggestions when on the Today View screen. Swipe to the bottom → Edit → Tap the red “-” next to Siri App Suggestions to remove the widget as shown below.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone & iPad: How to customize keyboard shortcuts
- How to find Mac keyboard shortcuts
- iPhone & iPad: How to change language and region
- Mac: How to change your language and region
- Mac: How to check battery status of Magic accessories
- Mac: How to view and edit passwords saved with Safari
- HomePod: How to turn off listening history
- iPhone & iPad: How to view passwords saved with Safari