iOS lets users change their language and region, in case you decide to move away to a different country, or if you’d like to simply change the date format.
Follow along to learn how….
iPhone & iPad: How to change language and region
- Fire up Settings > General > Language & Region.
- From here you can tap into Region and select your desired region. For language, simply tap Add Language… and select the language you’d like to add. Note that the language on the top of the list will be the first used by apps and website if supported.
While many will likely keep the region and language as default, there’s one major reason to change your region and that’s to change the date format on iOS. Currently, iOS ties date formate and currency symbols to the specific region you choose, unlike 24-hour time. So, if you prefer to have DD/MM/YYYY or YYYY/DD/MM, you’ll likely have to change the region to get what you’re wanting.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- Mac: How to change your language and region
- Mac: How to check battery status of Magic accessories
- Mac: How to view and edit passwords saved with Safari
- HomePod: How to turn off listening history
- iPhone & iPad: How to view passwords saved with Safari
- iPhone & iPad: How to turn off automatic app updates over cellular data
- Mac: How to see Wi-Fi passwords for networks you’ve connected to
- iPhone & iPad: How to turn off In-App Ratings & Reviews