Apple’s Magic Keyboard, Trackpad, and Mouse are great additions to anyone’s Mac desk setup. With the new generation of Magic accessories, Apple opted for rechargeable batteries that charge via a Lightning cable. With this, users are able to track the current battery life status of their accessories.
Follow along to learn how to get the exact reading of your Magic accessories.
Mac: How to check battery status of Magic accessories
- On your Mac, head to System Preferences.
- For overall readings, head into Bluetooth settings. Here, you’ll be able to see the battery life for all of your accessories by way of a battery life icon.
- If you’d like to see exact readings, go back to the main System Preferences view, and tap into either Keyboard, Trackpad, or Mouse. At the bottom of each settings pane you should see the battery life of each of your accessories with both the icon and a numerical percentage.
While your Magic accessories should last a few months on a charge, it’s always nice being able to know the exact reading at any given time.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- Mac: How to view and edit passwords saved with Safari
- HomePod: How to turn off listening history
- iPhone & iPad: How to view passwords saved with Safari
- iPhone & iPad: How to turn off automatic app updates over cellular data
- Mac: How to see Wi-Fi passwords for networks you’ve connected to
- iPhone & iPad: How to turn off In-App Ratings & Reviews
- iPhone & iPad: How to turn off video autoplay for the App Store
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.