One of the most frustrating things with certain apps is developers interrupting the experience by asking for In-App Ratings or Reviews. Fortunately, in later versions of iOS, users can disable this feature and create a more seamless experience.
While some apps ask at the wrong time, and disabling this feature will certainly mitigate the problem, it’s always a good idea to leave ratings and app reviews in the App Store. Maybe even let the developer know about it interrupting your experience.
iPhone & iPad: How to turn off In-App Ratings & Reviews
- Head into Settings > iTunes & App Store.
- In here, flip the In-App Ratings & Reviews toggle to the off position.
It’s worth noting that this toggle will only work for apps that have been recently updated with the new ratings API. Older applications will not be effected by this toggle whatsoever. Fortunately, most developers keep their apps up to date and likely adopt the new APIs for asking for reviews.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone &; iPad: How to turn off video autoplay for the App Store
- iPhone: How to forward iMessages or SMS
- iPhone: How to customize system vibrations and haptic feedback
- How to speed up the watchOS update process
- HomePod: How to get the official Apple user guide for free
- iOS 12: How to search song lyrics in Apple Music on iPhone & iPad
- Apple TV: How to get the official Apple user guide for free
- iPhone & iPad: How to change default search engine in Safari
- Mac: How to get the official Apple user guide for free