While you can’t change your default web browser on iOS, Apple does allow you to change the default search engine in Safari. The default on iOS is Google, but you are able to change it to either, Bing, Yahoo, or DuckDuckGo.
Follow along to learn how…
iPhone & iPad: How to change default search engine in Safari
- Head to Settings > Safari.
- Under SEARCH, tap Search Engine.
- Select the search engine you’d like to set as your default search engine.
While Safari is the only default option on iOS, it’s great that, at the very least, Apple gives you the option to change your default search engine, especially if you’re privacy conscious and don’t want to use Google. Note that this only applies to Safari, so doing searches via Siri, for example, will still default back to Bing.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone: How to customize respond with text while receiving a phone call
- Mac: How to get the official Apple user guide for free
- iPhone & iPad: How to force quit apps
- Apple Watch: How to get the official Apple user guide for free
- iPhone & iPad: How to use Do Not Disturb for Messages
- Mac: How to delete a user on macOS
- iOS: How to leave a group iMessage
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.